Israel stamp on US passport a problem for Malaysia entry?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tovster

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Will I have a problem entering Malaysia for a dive vacation if I visited Israel in the past. I have a US passport. Thanks

Malaysia - click on Entry/Exit/Visa requirements.
They also list links to the Malaysian Embassy and Ministry of Foreign Affairs for more info.

It is kind of interesting that it's mentioned:

If you have Israeli entry or exit stamps in your U.S. passport, you should not encounter difficulty at Malaysian Immigration. However, U.S.-Israeli dual nationals have been denied entry after presenting their Israeli passports to show exit stamps from their last destination. Therefore, it is important that U.S.-Israeli dual nationals use their U.S. passports to depart the last country on their itinerary prior to arriving in Malaysia.

I might trust that info more than a fellow divers experience who may/may not have gotten checked on entry.

I have a number of stamps from visits to Israel in the past. Never had an issue travelling in and out of Malaysia. Never gotten questioned either.

Never been asked if I had dual citizenship. If they did, just say no. You're an american.

Malaysian immigration managed to let several people onto MH370 with reported stolen passports so they are not that alert

Malaysian immigration managed to let several people onto MH370 with reported stolen passports so they are not that alert

Give it a rest Searcaigh. They were using stolen passports as it is. We all know this already. And it was TWO people..not several. And they were both cleared by special branch with no terrorist links. They were both trying to get to Germany illegally to join their families.

All I was indicating is that they don't look too close at what's stamped in your passport

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom