Inland dive sites in Malaysia ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pienaarp

New
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi, are there any decent inland dive sites in Malaysia ? I'm looking for somewhere to rock up with a few tanks and dive 40m+, similar to the NDAC, Vobster etc in the UK ...

(Distance to the nearest chamber is a consideration...)

If not are there any recommended shore diving locations ?

Many thanks !

Not that I know of.. Generally Malaysia diving is all in the islands off shore. Been looking for shore dives for a while. There's SOME sort of shore diving in desaru but it's a bit sketchy and not gonna be 40m

A few months a year you can dive close to Kuantan. One small dive operator does this for maximum of 4 divers.

I have seen some pictures and heard stories that this is an amazing and undiscovered/unspoiled location with numerous dive sites. Unfortunately it's too close to the monsoon and therefore I have to postpone to next year April.

Anyone who is interested, please drop me a PM or something and I will contact you a few weeks before I plan to go.

To be more specific, I'm setting up my own dive label and community for Malaysia where I will organize dive trips. Everything will be 100% transparent in regards of costing of course, it's just from a hobby perspective. Soon I will setup a Facebook page as well to make it easier.

Are you diving Kuantan yet?

There are a few dive sites near Pangkor Island. Specifically Sembilan Island. And it's near Lumut. LUMUT has a decompression chamber.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom