Help again please! :(

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chillyinCanada

ScubaBoard Supporter
Staff member
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
I took the great advice to stay at the Hotel Octave before my liveaboard. However, something has gone wrong. My credit card has been charged but the hotel can't find proof of receipt despite me providing transaction information.

At this time, I believe that the hotel is still holding my reservation for me but I'm concerned that I may have to pay twice.

For those of you that have stayed here have any of you had any problems with Hotel Octavia's computerized payment program?

Yes, I realize that should be able to get my credit card company to back out the transaction but what a pain.

Sure wish had taken brother-in-law's advice to book through Bookings.com. LOL

I
I took the great advice to stay at the Hotel Octave before my liveaboard. However, something has gone wrong. My credit card has been charged but the hotel can't find proof of receipt despite me providing transaction information.

At this time, I believe that the hotel is still holding my reservation for me but I'm concerned that I may have to pay twice.

For those of you that have stayed here have any of you had any problems with Hotel Octavia's computerized payment program?

Yes, I realize that should be able to get my credit card company to back out the transaction but what a pain.

Sure wish had taken brother-in-law's advice to book through Bookings.com. LOL

It is highly unlikely you'll have to pay twice, and you should engage your CC company. If the charge has been processed, they can provide that information directly to the hotel.

If the hotel has had a brain fart, charge it twice and then when you get the bill, dispute the charge. CC processing agreements are written so to give you considerable leverage in situations like this

Happened to me once but in a totally different place - Cozumel. I had paid a deposit to the Dive Centre and even had a receipt but their records did not show it and they insited that I had to pay again. I refused, rang the CC company instructing them to refuse any demand for payment from that source, gave the dive centre a copy of the receipt and walked away, challenging them to do what they wanted. Never heard from them again.

I admire your style Hintermann but don't plan to duplicate it because I want to stay at the hotel. :)

I've spoken to my CC company and have assurances that all will be well. So as long as the hotel will let me pay when I show up instead of making me go thtough the unsuccessful computerized pay process again, believe it's going to be OK.

Thanks everyone.

I admire your style Hintermann but don't plan to duplicate it because I want to stay at the hotel. :)
Oh, in my case it was not the hotel but the Dive Centre and at the end of the trip. Having paid up=front, I had assumed that all was done except the gratuities but was shocked by the DC's unreasonable demands. By then we were done and ready to move on anyway.

But glad to see that you are sorted out. Have a nice trip. :)

Chilly.....unrelated to this topic but I tried to reply to your PM and it says your inbox is full. Answer to your question - we tipped $400 for our 11 day trip that cost $4100

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks LD!! :)

Can you not go "online" and go back through your credit card statement and just find the charge? You will have proof of the payment.

Probably can do that when I return home in a couple of months but by then, well . . . :wink:

In any event, feeling confident this will all work out, which I wasn't feeling when first posted.

Thanks to all.

Hey Chilly,

I realize it is a bit after the fact, but give us a shout next time. We discount all of our trips, we pay our suppliers via bank wire transfer, and we are insured of course. And we are fellow Canadians (although our main office is in Colorado, we are also in Winnipeg).

Cheers, Greg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom