broken Octo replacement?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hey everyone hello, Im new to the forums but I just had a question, I have an old Mares axis octo, and where the air hose connects to the body of the actual reg, I know the hose connects to a metal conector and that connector, connects to the body of the reg, on the actual body of the reg itself, the threads are stripped and I wanted to ask if this is repairable or replaceable, and if it can be replaced is it even worth replaceing or am I better off just buying a new octo? also can I buy this direct from Mares or do I have to go through a LDS. Thanks for any info you can give me

I'm not quite sure what you're asking. Either:

The threads on the hose are stripped.
Easy - get a new LP hose. They're about $20. However, if the hose threads are damaged, then there is a good chance that....

The threads on the reg body are damaged.
This can be repaired by your favorite regulator technician. ...Make sure the cost of the repairs doesn't exceed the cost of a new 1st stage!

All the best, James

hello thanks for the quick reply, but just to clarify, I was refering to the actual reg body itself, the threads on the reg body are stripped and I was looking for a replacement body for the reg, I wanted to ask if I can purchase a reg body directly from mares because the reg is not actually mine, it belong to my buddy who lives in Cape Verde and there arent and dives shops on or even near the islands and it would be diffecult for him to get what he needs, I have asked a few LDS in my area but they said they need the old reg and they wanna service it and do all this stuff and I told them I dont have it, it is in another country and Im just getting the info for my buddy so my friend asked me to findout if he can purchase rite from the manufacturer ( Mares ), and maybe I can get what he needs, Cape Verde is a very remote country and it will be very diffecult for him to get anything from there.

hello thanks for the quick reply, but just to clarify, I was refering to the actual reg body itself, the threads on the reg body are stripped and I was looking for a replacement body for the reg, I wanted to ask if I can purchase a reg body directly from mares because the reg is not actually mine, it belong to my buddy who lives in Cape Verde and there arent and dives shops on or even near the islands and it would be diffecult for him to get what he needs, I have asked a few LDS in my area but they said they need the old reg and they wanna service it and do all this stuff and I told them I dont have it, it is in another country and Im just getting the info for my buddy so my friend asked me to findout if he can purchase rite from the manufacturer ( Mares ), and maybe I can get what he needs, Cape Verde is a very remote country and it will be very diffecult for him to get anything from there.

I assume you are talking about the 2nd stage (Axis) and not the 1st stage. It sounds like he probably needs a hose-case assembly connector (the male-threaded metal piece that the felmale-threaded end of the hose connects to, that threads into the 2nd stage case... it is the piece between the fitting on the end of the hose and the 2nd stage).

I'm guessing he can order this from a Mares dealer, you might try giving ScubaToys a call.

Good luck

Edit: Whoops, did not notice that this thread was a couple weeks old.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom