Mares Cruise Roller

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shelski

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Due to the restrictions on luggage allowance, I bought Mares Cruise Roller over 12 months ago for about £90 and have just used it for the first time. It arrived on the carousel at Manchester airport with the plastic bracket holding one of the wheels split thus making pulling it along on the wheels impossible. I cannot seem to find a contact link on the mares website. I'm sure it just needs a replacement plastic bracket on the base. Will Mares provide one of these?

Hi
I had a problem with my cruise roller that had a hole in the fin compartment cause by luggage handlers. I contacted the shop where I bought it who told me the bag CANNOT be repaired and told me to deal with the airline. I have submitted a claim for the value of the bag and I am still waiting for a resolution after providing all the paperwork needed.
You need to complain with the airline either on arrival (in my case at 2 AM there was nobody) or later but within 7 days.
I think you should contact your reseller to see if this can be repaired at all and then evaluate if you want to take it forward with the airline or not

Due to the restrictions on luggage allowance, I bought Mares Cruise Roller over 12 months ago for about £90 and have just used it for the first time. It arrived on the carousel at Manchester airport with the plastic bracket holding one of the wheels split thus making pulling it along on the wheels impossible. I cannot seem to find a contact link on the mares website. I'm sure it just needs a replacement plastic bracket on the base. Will Mares provide one of these?

Thanks for your question. To date we have experienced virtually very few problems with the durability of our bags, which leads me to think the airlines are most likely responsible for your damaged luggage. You can take it up with the airline or try taking the bag to a Mares authorized dealer and see if it can be repaired. Since I cannot evaluate from here, it is impossible for me to say one way or the other.

I hope this helps.

Best regards,

Hi Zak, is there any way if you can find out if the plastic plate which sits on the outside of the holdall which surrounds the wheel can be replaced? There is a screw on it which would imply it does. It was bought from the internet so to go to the expense to send it off to find out seems a waste of money if I could just find out if the replacement part is available? Obviously it won't be covered by guarantee as I've had it longer than 12 months even though this was it's first outing. Many thanks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom