Mares Nemo Air - Horrific Problems Encountered!!!

Has the Mares Nemo Air malfunctioned on you?

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JK4U

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
Hey Guys....

I had my Nemo Air just over 3 months now (first dive Dec 21st). Almost right away it randomly showed water temps of 9 or minus 9 degs (altho 20), logged dives at the surface, without tank attached (0mins-28mtrs, 1min-36mtrs-0bar). This has happened quite frequently. The quick connect I took off (and connected the comp directly 2 the hose) even before I read about it online (no-one informed me) because of problems under water, as the O-ring was done for and leaking after every 5-6 dives and had 2 b replaced...- my retailer did not inform me of any known problems either...

Until today I have not had a single problem with the data under water tho...:
You best watch the video about it yourself:
www.facebook.com/v/1296119041122 (Can not post URLs yet :/)

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

link fixed

Basically, the pressure indicator went all crazy on me. The cyl had 199 bar (checked at the base). I have a analog console that confirmed this. The Nemo showed me 177 when I went in and 290 when I came out... In the log, it saved the numbers it showed me down below...tank pressure ranging from 58 to 650+ bar... average breathing rate anywhere from 8l/min (my actual breathing rate) to over 200l/min. Earlier today it logged a one minute dive at 28m and a H2O temp of -4degs...

I mean, come on Mares...u can kill someone like that...

I was down quite deep and on a nightdive when this happened - good thing I always have my analog backup console hooked in...imagine the comp shows me 58 bar and Im down 28m ... or 649bar - how is one suppose to respond to that?

If u sell stuff people do trust their life to - you HAVE TO MAKE SURE the kit ALWAYS does what it is supposed to do - unless the batt is really low the computer HAS TO WORK. Dont you agree???

The comp also has 122 logged dives on it - these I was able to download into my netbook until three days ago - today it would only send the last 5 dives to the netbook - reinstalled the SW, replaced the comp batt - nothing. 122 dives in the comp, accessible - but only five will be transmitted to the netbook...

Waiting to hear from you...Mares team... :|

Never had a problem ... we have two.

Hey Guys....

I had my Nemo Air just over 3 months now (first dive Dec 21st). Almost right away it randomly showed water temps of 9 or minus 9 degs (altho 20), logged dives at the surface, without tank attached (0mins-28mtrs, 1min-36mtrs-0bar). This has happened quite frequently. The quick connect I took off (and connected the comp directly 2 the hose) even before I read about it online (no-one informed me) because of problems under water, as the O-ring was done for and leaking after every 5-6 dives and had 2 b replaced...- my retailer did not inform me of any known problems either...

Until today I have not had a single problem with the data under water tho...:
You best watch the video about it yourself:
www.facebook.com/v/1296119041122 (Can not post URLs yet :/)

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

link fixed

Basically, the pressure indicator went all crazy on me. The cyl had 199 bar (checked at the base). I have a analog console that confirmed this. The Nemo showed me 177 when I went in and 290 when I came out... In the log, it saved the numbers it showed me down below...tank pressure ranging from 58 to 650+ bar... average breathing rate anywhere from 8l/min (my actual breathing rate) to over 200l/min. Earlier today it logged a one minute dive at 28m and a H2O temp of -4degs...

I mean, come on Mares...u can kill someone like that...

I was down quite deep and on a nightdive when this happened - good thing I always have my analog backup console hooked in...imagine the comp shows me 58 bar and Im down 28m ... or 649bar - how is one suppose to respond to that?

If u sell stuff people do trust their life to - you HAVE TO MAKE SURE the kit ALWAYS does what it is supposed to do - unless the batt is really low the computer HAS TO WORK. Dont you agree???

The comp also has 122 logged dives on it - these I was able to download into my netbook until three days ago - today it would only send the last 5 dives to the netbook - reinstalled the SW, replaced the comp batt - nothing. 122 dives in the comp, accessible - but only five will be transmitted to the netbook...

Waiting to hear from you...Mares team... :|

Hi,

I am sorry to hear you are experience these issues with the Nemo Air. There is a recall on the quick disconnect as we've experienced some issues with short life of the ORING. This has been an international recall and any Mares dealer should be able to help you with this.

As for the accuracy issues, all I can think is that there is an electrical problem, note (I cannot diagnose from here). I strongly suggest you take it back to a Mares dealer with your receipt and explain your problems. This computer will be under warranty assuming the computer is in good condition and has not been abused. The dealer will then assist you from there.

I hope this helps

Hey Zak, thnx for ur quick reply.

I would love to take it back to the dealer - the only problem is that the computer will be sent in - thus leaving me without a computer for quite a while...doing two to four dives at the moment with clients, I really can not afford to be left without a computer tho. If Mares would have a turn around (xchange for a new one on the spot) policy, I'd be there tomorrow morning... But sending it in, waiting for the diagnosis, getting it fixed - I can not be sure that the problem will not reoccur, as it is only a part changed out... do u understand where Im coming from?
And if they say they changed the entire electronics - y not just xchange it for a new one right away and keep me diving with Mares kit (in front of clients that do often ask about my kit...)?

I think in this special case, with a proven, major malfunctions like the error I made the video about and the repeated surface dives it is logging, Mares should say hey mate, here is a new one, go have fun - we sell equipment that works and if it doesnt, we make sure u get what u payed (a lot of money) for - without waiting.

Kind regards.

I would love to take it back to the dealer - the only problem is that the computer will be sent in - thus leaving me without a computer for quite a while...doing two to four dives at the moment with clients, I really can not afford to be left without a computer tho.

That is what your dive tables are for (RDP)...

You could use it as a teaching experience for your students.

I had a few flaky oceanic Atoms and Oceanic was terrific, They actually shipped out replacement units before I sent the flaky ones back. No questions, and they respected my need for a working computer and gave me a FREE computer (different model) so I was not S.O.L. during transhipment.
Of course the manufacturers want us instructors to be happy and use their gear... I know I have been responsible for the purchase of thousands of dollars of Oceanic stuff by my students.
I imagine you will have a similar experience with Mares. Good Luck
I posted it before but say it again Oceanic was terrific !

I would love to take it back to the dealer - the only problem is that the computer will be sent in - thus leaving me without a computer for quite a while...doing two to four dives at the moment with clients, I really can not afford to be left without a computer tho. If Mares would have a turn around (xchange for a new one on the spot) policy, I'd be there tomorrow morning... But sending it in, waiting for the diagnosis, getting it fixed - I can not be sure that the problem will not reoccur, as it is only a part changed out... do u understand where Im coming from?
And if they say they changed the entire electronics - y not just xchange it for a new one right away and keep me diving with Mares kit (in front of clients that do often ask about my kit...)?

I think in this special case, with a proven, major malfunctions like the error I made the video about and the repeated surface dives it is logging, Mares should say hey mate, here is a new one, go have fun - we sell equipment that works and if it doesnt, we make sure u get what u payed (a lot of money) for - without waiting.

Kind regards.

Hi there, I understand and appreciate your dilemma. The reality is we are in the U.S. and you are in a different country. I'm afraid I cannot help you from over here on this one. Did you purchase it from a local store? Usually a store will offer a loaner while items are out from repair. This is a benefit of purchasing from an LDS. I hope you get your issues resolved.

Sincerely,

Wow, that`s sad news. I am in Vietnam and Oceanic USA supported me all the way...paid shipping to and from the states

Did you purchase your gear in the states or in Vietnam? I live in Europe and brought a lot of gear with me from the states. Had no problems getting help on a computer I bought in the US but wouldn't expect a U.S manufacturer to replace something I bought here in Europe.

Can't say I wouldn't try, just saying...........

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom