Mares backpack cruise pro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Ok so I just got this dive bag. It is great, easily fits both mine and my wife's equipment. I only have one question - I can't for the life of me figure out what the buckle on the front of the bag is for. There are three buckles on the bag. On the back it is clear the two buckles allow attatchment for the backpack straps. The buckle on the front is purely a mystery to me. I looked around and could not find an answer. Anyone know?

I'm not 100% sure which buckle you are referring to. But it could be the one designed to be used it you want the shoulder strap to straddle the side of the bag, much like a duffle? Ie: instead of wearing it like a back back, you can configure it with one strap to be worn like a briefcase of something similar. Personally I would never use it this way, due to the size of the bag, but someone thought this was a nice addition.

Enjoy your bag, it really is a good piece of luggage. I travel with two of them holding a slew of samples, and quite honestly they have held up remarkably. Many, Many adventures with United, Alaska, Hawaiian, Delta, Cont. and on.. They still haven't managed to break them yet.. :)

Best,

Back
Top Bottom