icon net + transmitter pairing problems

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

zoranb

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello everyone!
I just got my icon net back from repair (http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/mares-just-add-water/435289-icon-net-mid-dive-reset.html), and have a problem pairing it with the transmitter.
The icon is running 3.06 and the transmitter is the new kind (with the lettering on the rim), don’t know what FW it is running…
The transmitter should be off unless pressurized when it should wake up and be able to pair (unlike the old transmitters – without the lettering on the rim - that you could pair even when not pressurized, but that would drain the battery very fast).
Anyhow, I’ve tried:
- pairing when NOT pressurized (just in case)
- pairing when NOT pressurized (just after inserting a fresh battery in the transmitter)
- pairing when pressurized (just after inserting a fresh battery in the transmitter)
- pairing when pressurized, not touching anything
- pairing when pressurized, breathing 2nd stage
- pairing when pressurized, free flowing 2nd stage on & off
- pairing when pressurized, free flowing 2nd stage constantly
- factory resetting the icon and then all of the above.

And the pairing is still Unsuccessful.
Q:
Does anyone know how can I tell that the transmitter is actually working?
Does anyone know what FW is the newest one for the transmitter (not the icon)?
How can I tell what FW I have on the transmitter, and if I can update it myself?
Does anyone have any other idea how I might get the darn thing to pair?!?! It worked before being sent for service… :(
Z

Hi Zorab,
Frustrating to hear the pairing is not working correctly. Firmware 3.06 update for the Icon HD is the latest. I'm sure your transmitter is the latest as well. It is strange that you are having issues with the pairing, as this has been one of the very stable parts of the computer compared to others. The only thing I can suggest is to send it back to a Mares dealer, probably the one you just dealt with. They should take care of you.

Wish I had a better solution.

Let me know if I can be of further help.

Zak

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom