What happened to the SemiDry Isotherm

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RStyle

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Seems like it had excellent reviews bu no longer made.
Coming out with a new product?
Unfortunately, started diving some springs in Florida and want to do some dives in California and can't find a LARGE
at any of the usual suppliers.
Wait for a new product or nothing is in the works?

I always wondered that too. There were excellent closeout deals on the Isotherm, but sadly I didn't seize on the chance.

I looked at every semi-dry on the market before purchasing recently, and decided on Fourth Element's Proteus 7mm, since the ankle, wrist, and neck seals are fantastic. The seals make the suit hard to get on, though. For a nice self-donning semi-dry check out Hollis' Neotek suit, or Aqualung's SolaFX. Both are great suits, with built-in hoods.

Thanks.
I missed on the opportunity too.
Living in Florida and never needed one but now diving some springs and would like to do some dives in California so decided to get one......................excellent reviews..........but too late. Not enough cold water diving to consider a drysuit
Thought maybe they were coming out with a new product (zipper in front)

I've heard from other companies (Hollis namely) that there isn't a big semi-dry market in the US, since the cost isn't too far from a cheap drysuit, and if the water is cold enough to want a semi-dry then a lot of divers go dry anyway. So Mares might have just discontinued it due to low sales. That was a year ago, so I doubt they're going to replace it.

There are plenty of divers here in California diving comfortably in semi-drys, though. You can't go wrong with any of the other main brands, so just go with whatever fits best/looks coolest/best price.

I bought one of these 6.5mm semi-drys (XL) in 2009 and haven't used it that much. Mine has a sewen-in internal vest, a very heavy duty zipper on the back, it never leaked, and kept me very warm in sub-40F water up here in the cold waters of Tobermory. The newer ones were 6 mm I believe but without the internal vest. I've outgrown mine and tried to sell it last year.
Scuba_Mares_Isotherm.jpg

I got one late last year for $65 including postage with hood and internal vest. Have not seen any new model advertised.

Wetsuit

I bought one of these 6.5mm semi-drys (XL) in 2009 and haven't used it that much. Mine has a sewen-in internal vest, a very heavy duty zipper on the back, it never leaked, and kept me very warm in sub-40F water up here in the cold waters of Tobermory. The newer ones were 6 mm I believe but without the internal vest. I've outgrown mine and tried to sell it last year.
View attachment 177401

What size would it fit . I am 5' 10" 220lbs would it fit me? If so how much is it?

Its an XS womens - unfortunately dont think it would fit you. Otherwise Id happily sell it as I have only used it once, different but I can see once you got used to them they would be useful in the right conditions.

wetsuit

View attachment 177401

is the suit still around? would the XL fit me as I am 5'10" about 220lbs.

is the suit still around? would the XL fit me as I am 5'10" about 220- 225 lbs. IF it is I am interested. I bought a xxxl during the winter and lost 25- 30 lbs so now it is loose on me.

Back
Top Bottom