Mares MRS plus hybrid BCD doesn't adjust nicely

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BubbleDive

Registered
Reaction score
Hey,

A couple of months ago I bought the MRS plus hybrid jacket.

For some reason it is impossible to make it fit nicely around my shoulders.

I checked the charts and I bought the right size but the shoulder straps can't be pulled tight enough. I can tighten them but they do not go all the way.

I just got to the point that I switched the attachements at the back (crossing the straps and putting them in one anothers attachment point) making the straps at least 15cm shorter but again I cannot tighten them. I can always fit a fist between my shoulder and the shoulder bands. This is even without a tank. :s

Any idea on how to fix this? This is getting annoying because my tank isn't stable on my back. :s

On top of that, the right side of my backsupport broke partially :s.

I checked the charts and I bought the right size but the shoulder straps can't be pulled tight enough. I can tighten them but they do not go all the way.

Any idea on how to fix this?

Charts are only a general approximation. You bought the wrong size (by definition) if it doesn't adjust properly. That or you have an unusually shaped body that virtually nothing will adjust to.

How to fix it - buy the right size.

A friend had the same problems. That plastic plate on which back suspension belt is attached, was breaking constantly. And he couldn't get it to fit. Problem was easily solved. He bought BP/W.

A friend had the same problems. That plastic plate on which back suspension belt is attached, was breaking constantly. And he couldn't get it to fit. Problem was easily solved. He bought BP/W.

What's BP/W ?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom