Mares icon hd transmitter pairs but dosnt read

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Shaned75

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi all
i have a mares icon hd net ready a bit ago I bought a transmitter for it a hooked it up today and it pairs no problems but I got no readings so I changed the battery now it pairs has the g1 battery metre but not reading pressure exept a couple of times it came up pressure but droped out again can someone help I carnt find the receipt for it . I am worrie that this expensive bit of kit is not working

Dear Shaned75,
Welcome to the wonderful world of icon's transmitter which guarantees hours of fun. Although if you got your transmitter paired, I must tell you you'll be missing out on the part that's the most fun of all (pairing).

If the transmitter is paired, try breathing on the 2nd stage a couple of times, and make sure that there's a line of sight between the icon and the transmitter. (The transmitter is mounted on the same side where you wear the icon?) We don't want those bulky 1st stages, tanks, BCDs in the way.

I have my transmitter mounted on 15 cm of HP hose dangling on the side (not exactly DIR), but reception is great! Most of the time. And when it's not i (increasingly less) lightly bang the transmitter on the tank while diving if it says no connection.

Have fun!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom