What is your favorite shark and why?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sasscuba

Contributor
Reaction score
Mine is the hammerhead. :11: Just an awesome mysterious looking shark!

scalloped-hammerhead-01.jpg

I would have to say that if I knew I only have the opportunity to dive with one more shark ever, I would choose for it to be Whae Shark. I have several favorites for different reasons, and would have a hard time narrowing it down to one, but somehow diving with a Whale Shark seems to me the most special opportunity.

I would LOVE to see a tiger shark under water and although I'm sure it would scare the heck out of me it would be an awsome experience as well.
Then again, bull sharks are high up on my favorite shark list as well but I've seen those already.
I really like BIG and mean-looking sharks.

I dig the mystery and size of the great white, the ferocity and bad attitude of the bull, and the absolute grace and speed of the mako...

But every shark, regardless of shape or size has my respect. I've had the opporutnity to swim with white tips reefs and threshers. I hit Florida in 2 weeks, and hope to see more!

The megalodon. So it's not around any more but you have to like a shark that has teeth the size of a beer bottle.

webhead:
The megalodon. So it's not around any more but you have to like a shark that has teeth the size of a beer bottle.

I have 3 Meg teeth...awesome.:D

I've never seen one but my favourite is the tenguzame/goblin shark, Mitsukurina owstoni.

Definately the Megladon, love finding their teeth. Same with the Snaggletooth.

But for non-extinct sharks (and I know there's a species of hemi that still lives), it would have to be the mako. Fast, smart, big, and with an advanced heat exchange system. What's not to love?

Back
Top Bottom