Florida Aquarium shark dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Amber

Contributor
Reaction score
Last Sunday I went to the Florida Aquarium's new Dive With The Sharks. I loved it. The tank was only 13 feet deep but there were pleanty of sharks in there. There were 13 sharks in all including sand tiger sharks, black tip reef sharks, a wobegong, zebra shark and nurse shark, oh yeah, and one huge green sea turtle. It was amazing to be that close to them. It was well worth the money and I recomend it to anyone interested in it.
I had some pictures taken but only had enough time to load 3 of them. You can see them at:
http://groups.msn.com/AdventuresInScuba

Amber

It's $150 per person. That incldes all gear, you can't bring your own..the only thing you bring is a bathing suit and a mask. It also includes aquarium and parking fees, a t-shirt, behind the scense tour and a picture of you entering the water. It's 90 minutes all together and that includes 30 minutes in the water. It's located in Tampa.
Hope that helps. The website could give you more info.
Amber

Guess they would frown on it if you snuck some hotdogs in to feed em huh?

Yeeaah, I'm sure they would.
I doubt they would have taken them even if I would have...they JUST fed them before I got suited up. There was still some tiny pieces of food in the water when I entered. Nice huh? Well I looked at it as they were full so I was safe. :D

Were you able to use your camera or were the pictures from staff ? We dove the aquarium at Epcot a few years ago, it was a blast but I wasn`t allowed to take my camera.

SEA WORLD in Orlando has a cage dive in their shark tank. You can even snorkle (for the non-scuba types). Haven't done it yet but from the description given they just started doing it. $125.00-$150.00 snorkle/scuba, They supply equipment sans mask. whole tour expierience is about an hour and a half with some of that being suiting up and instruction. They pull you around in a cage in their shark encounter. sounds pretty novel to me.
plan on trying it in near future.

-Crispy

No, you can't bring your own camera in. You can buy picutres from the aquarium and they are pretty cheap. Mine was $10 for all of them on a cd.

I heard about the dive at Sea World....but I didn't want to stay in a cage..what fun is that? The one I went to, you enter in the cage, get your weighting situated, then LEAVE the cage. Why spend all that money to sit in a piece of metal?

Crispy, I saw someone get into the tank at Sea World (we were eating in Sharks). The way we first noticed it was that all of a sudden there were a LOT of sharks by us (and the cage is on the other side).

The guy in the cage looked lonely.

I'm looking forward to diving the Florida Aquarium. I've heard a lot about it.

Reefguy,

How did you like the SHARKS restaraunt? It seems SEA WORLD is trying to put a designated dining expierience at every major attraction they have. Wonder how they will do with the polar bear exhibit hehehe...

-Crispy

Back
Top Bottom