Please prevent me from doing something stupid

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SubmersibleGeek

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I'm not sure how well a laser is going to penetrate 10ft viz (it can get worse than that, but I wouldn't call it "typical" around here. Particulate matter in the water decreases the viz, and the beam from the laser will dissipate as it hits all that particulate in its path. A nice underwater flashlight will probably be of much better use for signaling, viewing, etc.

Nope, won't cause anything other then you wanna show someone something. However, I just use the eye signal and that works just as well.

Thanks for the replies.

Roy, you are right, that "eye signal" thing does work really well, I'm just a newbe though so 99.9% percent of the time someone is telling me to look at something, never seems to be the other way around. Curiousity will probably get the best of me eventually and I'll buy the laser but for now Ill continue to use the old faithful. One a differnet topic, I am interested in the DorkDivers, is there a test I have to take, essay to write, or pledge I need to make?

One a differnet topic, I am interested in the DorkDivers, is there a test I have to take, essay to write, or pledge I need to make?

Just reference this thread and you're golden.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom