Shark Safety...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PolsVoice

Reaction score
I'm flying to South Africa for two weeks in March to sing in a production of Porgy and Bess. I am DYING to go diving there, preferrably with some zambezis and raggies. My voice teacher (who is also the one holding the mighty financial reins of power in that she's paying for our airfare and hotels) is absolutely convinced that I'm going to get chomped by a great white or some other horribly painful/fatal accident.

I'm trying to convince her to let me dive Protea Banks or do some diving out of CapeTown. Could someone direct me to some literature to show her, that sharks are generally benign creatures who don't mess with you unless you mess with them?

This might be my only chance to dive SA (especially on someone elses dime).

Gottadivegottadivegottadivegottadive...

TIA

- PolsVoice

run a local search on the board. I think we just finished a big long discussion on this last week. Check the marine life forum.

Back
Top Bottom