Great white kills scallop diver...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thats a nightmare. Don't a lot of those divers use those protable cage things, sometimes with the scooters attached? You wouldn't catch me without one anytime there's a great white around.

DArryl

awful. sad thing is it was not like he died being reckless, he died just doing his job. very very sad. ;-0

Kayla:)

sad but i can say i know how his family feals , some of my family is still sailing somewhere and will never come home .
i can only say that at least he passed on doing something he probbly LOVED (the sea)(diving) .

Just come in, Abalone Divers Assc spokesperson said victim could have been wearing a POD Device, this has not been confirmed though. Worrying thought, as they are supposed to work on ALL sharks, and were tested on Big Whites in South Africa.

Another piece of news, was that the estimated size of the 'White' is 6 METRES!!!! and has been sighted many times before as being a 'territorial' to that location. Now the dummies are calling for it to be killed...why, it's only doing what Big Whites do, they should be banning the diving there instead.

This is the 4th fatality in 18 months for that part of Oz.

My condolences to family and friends.

AusWiz

I guess AusWiz is referring to one of these devices in another thread. Personal electronic shark repellent device or something - don't know much about them.

Back
Top Bottom