Anyone been stung by a jellyfish?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PaulB

Contributor
Reaction score
I've never been stung by one and was wondering if anyone can liken the pain to something else? How bad does it hurt? How long does it sting?

I've never been stung thankfully. Sometimes it hard to dodge them when I'm on my saefty stop.

Paul if you ever get stung, don't worry, I'd be happy to pee on it for you. :D

Now doesn't that just profess your love for me? So willing and giving that you would pee on me to make me feel better. LMAO!!!!

I've been stung twice - last time on the face in Monterey a few weeks ago by some little tiny guys zipping along in the current while on a safety stop (picture the turtles from Finding Nemo riding the current). It was akin to having your face roughed up with some sandpaper.

I was stung a couple of years ago in Queensland by one that was a bit nastier - had a big red line running across one shoulder partway down my chest. That just stung like I'd been burnt. There's at least two species in those waters that kill a couple of people each year.

I'm adding vinegar to my save-a-dive kit - the boat I was on a few weeks ago had none.

Wendy once bubbled...
I've never been stung thankfully. Sometimes it hard to dodge them when I'm on my saefty stop.

Paul if you ever get stung, don't worry, I'd be happy to pee on it for you. :D

ok, THAT'S IT!!

I just had to wipe the pepsi off my monitor!!

ROFLMAO!!!

Except for a few species, they're not that bad, unless you get lots of stings. I wouldn't even call it pain. It does itch like the dickins.

I've been stung.

Had one across the lips...just a little one...but it was a mild burning sensation and my lip showed signs of redness and slight swelling.

The other time I was stung was a tentacle across the back of the hand without a glove...definitely a bigger jellyfish...ouch ouch ouch. Burning and red line of blistered skin where it hit.

I got stung by the nasty little critters on my last trip to Roatan. Both night dives they got me when I surfaced. Got it on the arm and on my neck. I tried Safe Sea which is supposed to keep them from stinging and it did not help at all. Has anyone had any luck with that stuff?

Scubaroo once bubbled...
come to think of it Paul, I would piss on you too!

Sorry man, I'm not in the habbit of indulging mens fantasies. I'm sure you understand. LMAO

Back
Top Bottom