Nudibranch Lovers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tjack

Contributor
Reaction score
Taos, New Mexico and Georgian Bay, Ontario
# of dives
500 - 999
Since the "Nudibranch Lovers" group is no longer, maybe we can revive it here? Who knows, if this thread takes off maybe we could generate a Nudibranch Lovers sticky, subforum or forum?

Which forum is the best place for a Nudibranch Lovers gathering place? I put it here in Marine Life and Ecosystems but it could work in the Photography forum as well, any ideas?

The old group site was a great place to post photos of Nudis as well as discuss all things Nudibranch. If you are a Nudibranch lover, post something here and spread the word.

Here is a photo of a Kunie's Chromodoris (Chromodoris kuniei) from Cabilao, Phillipines

Spotted Nudi Cabilao  .jpg

Nice one djtimmy77, I've been hearing about the legendary Blue Heron Bridge, I need to dive Jupiter soon.

Shall we play name that Nuibranch? I would have never guessed this one was from Florida.

Thanks for posting

Dendordoris denisoni from Cockburn (that is pronounced Co-burn :D) Sound Western Australia.

Karl

Grain+Terminal+-+04.jpg

I love the little bastards.

A warty sea slug. Shot off NC which is a lot further north then usually reported. I have found both brown and blue varieties in both 50 and 100 fsw water.

Attachments

• warty1.jpg
    warty1.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 871
  • bluesnail.jpg
    bluesnail.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 874
I was in Anilao (Philippines) and did 44 dives at Club Ocellaris. Most everyone went crazy for nudibranchs and other unique critters like the pygmy seahorses. I spent most of my time filming the common stuff (like soft and hard corals) since they have far greater impact on ecosystem functioning. I think some of the other divers and the DMs thought I was crazy, but many of the nudibranchophiles I meet are like the life list birders. However, I love great pictures of nudies from around the world!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom