Shark attack

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

animian2002

Contributor
Reaction score
Shark Attack

They removed the shark by hosing it with water...But I still cannot imagine how they do that

:thinkingo wonder do they attack scuba diver

animian2002:
Shark Attack

They removed the shark by hosing it with water...But I still cannot imagine how they do that

Quite a good and injury free method, fresh water is toxic to salt water animals and they will become delirous or unconscious before dying. That may loosen their grip. I believe they hosed the sharks gills.

animian2002:
Shark Attack

It is not uncommon for nurse sharks (they do bite if you pester them) to do the same thing.

If you do a search on Google news for shark attack divers there will be a few articles show up - mostly in Australlia. There have been sightings of great whites around FL of late, one stathed off attack from a juvinile as the divers were hanging in their safety stop (one diver had speared a grouper).

For the most part though divers are big noisy things that provide curiosity to an animal that is used to being at the apex of the food chain.

Phaethon:
This guy - http://i-planet.org/cdnn/industry/i021223a/i021223a.html - (different bloke, same shark species) claims not to have been pestering wobbegongs, but they seem to have acquired a taste for him =8^O

And there's mme worrying about silly little Great Whites...

K.

Too bad they didn't have an action photo to go with that story.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom