So, what would you say to...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Machiavelli

Registered
Reaction score
A recently graduated fella like myself, who ended up with a bachelor's in psychology, is working as an IT guy and has a (nearly impossible) dream of getting into marine biology?

I have a burning interest in the field but, time and money aside, I have a crippling fear of chemistry. Organic Chem was the bane of the students at the university here and so I got a constant earfull. I had a hard enough time in highschool chem.

Any advice?

Two things:

Either:
A) get yourself into a marine biology program ASAP and get on with what you'd really like to do with your life.
B) keep on with the IT work and use the good pay to fund your diving while finding as many oceanographic volunteer opportunities as possible.

I'm in my mid 30s, graduated with a degree in psychology, work as a software engineer, and still wish I had stayed with marine biology. Obviously, I chose plan B.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom