Questions about traveling to the Sea of Cortez?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cantamar

Registered
Reaction score
If you are planning on traveling to the Sea of Cortez in particular to La Paz please do not hesitate in contacting me, i will be more than happy to answer your questions about weather and water conditions, best seasons, etc.

Cantamar,

Fill out your profile info when you have a chance - Let folks know why they might want to contact you!

I would love to go there but in the meanwhile, I have read the book Girl from the Sea of Cortez about five times. Peter Benchley (the late great) wrote it and is one of my most favorite. It is a good read on the plane, or boat or helo or jeep or whatever way ya gonna get there. You will have to get it at a second hand book shop. Prepare to pay about $2 US for it. Worth far more than rubies. L

Cantamar:
If you are planning on traveling to the Sea of Cortez in particular to La Paz please do not hesitate in contacting me, i will be more than happy to answer your questions about weather and water conditions, best seasons, etc.
====================================
What do you know about liveaboards down there ??

'Slogger

Lorellei:
I would love to go there but in the meanwhile, I have read the book Girl from the Sea of Cortez about five times. Peter Benchley (the late great) wrote it and is one of my most favorite. It is a good read on the plane, or boat or helo or jeep or whatever way ya gonna get there. You will have to get it at a second hand book shop. Prepare to pay about $2 US for it. Worth far more than rubies. L
And don't forget Steinbeck's classic The Log from the Sea of Cortez:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/01...f=pd_bbs_1/002-3173672-2889605?_encoding=UTF8

Luke

I broke a tooth on a cashew when I was on a remote island so take that white stuff in the little bottle (legal stuff from druggist, ok) that you can shove into the place where your tooth is supposed to be. That way when you grip the reg, it won't hurt (hopefully). L

Hehe...I was a bit confused... :wink:

Is Lorellei really your name? I've always thought it was a great name. It means something like a siren, right? (not like a police siren, like the girls who lure sailors to their deaths) :wink:

Anyway, welcome to scubaboard. You don't see many Lorellei's around :D

As far as Baja...we're thinking about a trip to Loreto this summer. Any thoughts, Cantamar?

There is currently 3 liveaboards cruising the sea of cortez, Somar V (2200 dlls x 1 week) Nautilus Explorer (about the same) and the "Fiesta" which is the boat we operate, we are all doing pretty much the same tour visiting Espiritu Santo Island, The seamounts, Las Animas, etc, Our boat is not as fancy but is definetly the most affordable of all 3. Price for a week trip, 6 days diving is about $1600 dlls.

Hello, i was in Loreto once and the season is about the same as in La Paz, it starts in July and ends in November, there is a good dive operator called Dolphin dive center, they meet high standards concerning safety and service. I don't have their phone number but i'm pretty sure you can google them and find their website..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom