Cancun airport to Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

richhagelin

Contributor
Reaction score
What is the best way to get from the Cancun airport to Coz if you are going to be there for a few days of diving. Rent a car, take the bus, taxi, other?

Rich

We usually fly the Aero Caribe shuttle. twenty minute flight. I have heard that the taxi/shuttle works well too. The boat shuttle from Playa de Carmen to Cozumel runs hourly all day. It is very reliable. I am not sure which is cheaper but I can assume that the cab/boat shuttle is cheaper.

I don't know because it is usually part of our round trip ticket. I assume they have website.

Just did the airport to Coz trip mid October and chose the shuttle as I didn't want to lose a dive day before flying back out. At the airport you can catch the Green Line shuttle to Playa inside the terminal after you clear customs. One way cost was $15.00. The shuttle will drop you off about two blocks from the ferry, the closest they can get. You can then walk or take a tricycle cab down to the ferry...very handy when you have dive gear. The ferry is $8.00 one way.

There is also an express bus from the airport to Playa bus station but I couldn't take it as I arrived and departed too late. But the buses are clean, comfortable and fast. I took the bus from Playa to downtown Cancun for about $3.25! They leave Playa every 10 mins.

Check the message board at Fodors for other details on ferry times...that's where I got my info.

Have a great trip...my first time to Coz was Fabulous!

Unless things have changed, the weight limit on the shuttle between Cancun & Coz is considerably lower than the regular airlines. I have never escaped Coz on the air shuttle without getting popped with an overweight charge. (They never charged going to Coz, always coming back)
Rick

richhagelin once bubbled...
What is the best way to get from the Cancun airport to Coz if you are going to be there for a few days of diving. Rent a car, take the bus, taxi, other?

Rich

None of the above.

You can't get to Coz from Cancun by land.

As Don said, you can't drive there. Cozumel is an island. The air charter shuttle from Cancun to Cozumel allows 44 pounds per bag. 2 bag limit.

Hi, gang!

I have written this several times and will continue to do so as a pro bono service to Mankind: avoid, it at all possible, the flight from Cancun to Cozumel (and back). By all means do the shuttle/ferry thing! You will not cool your heels for hours in the A/P whilst they fill up a flight, you will not be charged $20.00 or more for an extra pound of gear, you will not have to sit in a cramped seat, you will not have your patience tested!

And, even though, IGD has pointed out that Cozumel is an island and separated from Cancun by water, I would prefer to try to drive there rather than take the Air Caribe shuttle! Not certain, though, that the rental car folks would be so thrilled!

In case, I have been obtuse (You did see the Shawshank Redemption, didn't you?), TAKE THE FERRY!

Scorpionfish

Aero Mexico is the air shuttle I have taken from Cancun to Cozumel.
I didn't have any problems.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom