Irapuato, Mexico, any Inland diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Asoka

Registered
Reaction score
Anyone know of Diving in the immediate vicinity of Irapuato, Mexico. Obviously it would be lake/quarry diving, as Irapuato is not on the coast...

Cheers.

Immediate area, no. Close, no, worth the drive, maybe. Nice thermal spring that bottoms out at 110', good vis 30-50' and 85 degrees. I was there in March this year and it is the best place I have seen for OWC. From what I understand a lot of shops from DF do their OWC there. The Shop also does a lot of VERY nice tours (diving at waterfalls, very cool!) in the area. Since I am from Texas, it's just a conversation from where you will be staying and best done as an overnight trip (two nights if you want to do the waterfall). A very unique couple of dives.

You might try saulmedialuna@gmail.com. Owns a nice hotel and dive op that I recommend. Look at :: buceomedialuna.com :: The link is to a competitor since Saul's domain is down right now. Use Saul's operation, its first rate!

Thanks for the info.

How far is the drive from Irapuato?

Drives in Mexico are measured in time not distance. It looks like about a 4 hour drive, but that is a wild guess on my part. The closest town is Rio Verde and from the maps that I have it looks like the easiest way to get there is through San Luis Potosi and then head east. Like I said, best done as an overnight trip. Drop Saul a line and get a much better estimate on drive times.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom