The Blog from the Sea of Cortez

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Chairman

Chairman of the Board
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Here I am at MCO waiting for the plane to board. I have been bumped from the first flight, but that's OK. I am content with the fact that the people on the Rocio del Mar will actually care about my existence!

What a blast! This is the land of Steinbeck and beauty. Follow my daily exploits (as I have connection) on the new and gorgeous Live-a-Board. Dora Sandoval has promised me the experience of a life time, and I am banking on it!

It's a really new boat and she's good people so that should be the case.

I think you're on the tail end of their Whaleshark season so you might ask about that.

Looking forward to it! The Sea of Cortez is on my dive groups radar.

Which airport is MCO?

PH

Just landed in Atlanta. I pointed www.TheBlogFromtheSeaofCortez.com to this thread. Let's hope I don't embarrass Steinbeck too badly! :D Next flight is at 10:46.

Whale shàrks are cool, but I want to see drvil fish. ;D

Last edited:
Orlando. The current Orlando International Airport was built on the old McCoy Airforce Base and MCO stands for McCoy Orlando.
Looking forward to it! The Sea of Cortez is on my dive groups radar.

Which airport is MCO?

PH

Last edited:
Here is Dora's web site: Rocio Del Mar Liveaboard - eat, sleep & dive....

The pictures are simply stunning! They are starting to board the plane now! They say that they have WiFi on the plane for free. We'll see how it does!

"Blog from the Sea of Cortez..." love it! Steinbeck and my marine biologist icon, Ed "Doc" Ricketts had trouble keeping the Western Flyer provisioned with enough beer for that great 1941 expedition!

"Blog from the Sea of Cortez..." love it! Steinbeck and my marine biologist icon, Ed "Doc" Ricketts had trouble keeping the Western Flyer provisioned with enough beer for that great 1941 expedition!
Bill,

Two things have surprised me:

• How many DON'T get the reference (homage) :depressed:
  • That the Domain was actually available!!! :shocked2:
I am here at the Phoenix Airport. I don't see any ashes, so maybe that bird is a myth after all. The others will arrive in @ a half hour. We will be picked up together and w-h-i-s-k-e-d to the Rocio del Mar! Ok, it will be a seven hour whisk, but it's remote. This may be my last blog until I get back to this airport! I promise to keep a detailed Blog that will be posted here (including pics).

My dive Gear for the trip:

XXL ScupaPro JetFins
OTB boots (wearing on the plane!)
3 mil WetWear custom wetsuit (with pockets)
Zeagle Express Tech BC (slightly modified)
DUI Weight Harness
Oceanic OC1 PDC (air integrated)
Oceanic Veo 250 (backup)
Atomic B1 Regulators (environmentally sealed)
Seacure Mouth pieces.
Miflex hoses
2 Intova back up lights
Dive Rite HID Primary light
2 Deep Sea Supply SS Spools (one normal and one wide)
Safety Sausage
Whistle
Dive 1 Tank lights

I will also be evaluating:
Intova underwater camera system
Memory Kick SI Media Center

My Dive kit weighed in at 31 pounds and my baggage weighed in at 38 pounds.

Are we there yet???

Last edited:
Count on it girlie!!!

Enjoy! Give Dora and Capt Lolo a hug from me. Hopefully you'll get to see one of those beautiful blood orange colored full moons.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom