Best Dive Operators in Playa del Carmen

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JMaBC

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hey folks,

Going to Playa del Carmen shortly for a diving vacation. Still really green, got certified last year and been on just 6 dives (including the 4 during certification). Hoping y'all can recommend some good, safe dive operators in Playa or Cozumel. Thanks!

We just got back there, diving just before the end of the year. We used The Abyss Dive Center, and would highly recommend them.

Thanks for the info! Going down for a couple of months so if anybody has any more suggestions for operators for that area or surrounding area, it'd be cool.

I would highly recommend Jason with Fantaseadive in Playa del Carmen. We have used him the past 2 years and are heading there again tomorrow. You will get great personal service that I have not seen with many dive shops. Look up some of his underwater videos on the Mexico forum.

They are south of PDC, but the folks at Dive Aventuras (diveaventuras.com) treat you well and cater to your experience level.

I Went with Diversity Divers. They threw in an Advanced OW class with 4 days of diving. Dove Playa, Cozumel and twice in the Cenotes with them. Great job.

I have asked the same question as I will be in Playa Del Carmen come friday..the responses that always seem to come up are Fantasea, Geofish, Tank Ha, Diversity Divers, dressel divers.I also asked around to some of the people who own dive shops in Canada..they also recommended SeaPro Divers

I second Jason from Fantasea.
Give drop him a line and he will respond swiftly.

My gf got her AOW certification from Jason. Since the weather was not favorable we had to dive in Cozumel. On the diveboat we were 2 divers with one instructor. Others were with 6 to 8 an a group.

Give him the details of the desires you have and he will accomondate you.

Have fun and do dive the cenotes!

Another great dive op that gets rave reviews on ScubaBoard is Dennis Weeks from Diablo Divers. www.diablodivers.com

Dennis and his family moved to Mexico from Calgary a number of years ago and can offer you cenote diving and, through a couple of other dive shops, ocean diving. I have used him through several certifications and you will find him very patient with newer divers. He loves to teach so you can count on him improving your skills.

Most of the dive shops mentioned are in Playa del Carmen. How long of a drive is it from Playa del Carmen to the popular cenotes for cavern diveing? Does anyone recommend any dive shops further south and closer to the cenotes?

Back
Top Bottom