Nitrox classes in Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

element

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi All, I am going to be staying at the Iberostar Cozumel at end of July (8-days) and really want to do some long dives. I am used to using my HP 120's so thought I might go ahead and take a Nitrox class while I am down in Cozumel do to not enough time to get the training at home in the short time left. I been looking at aquasafari and Aldora web pages but dont know which is better , closer to the resort I am staying. Any advise for those who have taken any specialty training while in Cozumel would be greatly appreciated. :)

I know July is hot but I dislike crowds. My wife and I stayed in Playa Del Carmen Last year (also at the Iberostar) and had a fantastic trip around same dates. Been preaching the greatness of a Mexican Vacation ever since.

Wow, you should have called me, just got done teaching an SSI Nitrox course tonite...

No dives required, homestudy, one night in the class...

Thats all folks...

here is a shop that teaches Nitrox in Cozumel. Just email or call them to set it up:

Dimi Scuba Tours
Diver Training Facility
Calle 3 Sur # 2 Entre Rafael E. Melgar y 5ta Av.

Cozumel
Quintana Roo
Mexico
Email: dimidive@cozumel.com.mx
Web Site: http://www.dimiscubatours.com
Phone: 52-987-87-22915 / 23656
Fax: 52-987-87-23656

Buy the book and do the homework BEFORE you leave. You are not going to want to do that while in Mexico. There's a fair amount of math involved in the Nitrox class. Fresh air and sunshine tend to drain math ability form the human brain.

Lubold, do you have any personal experience with the dive operator you recommended?

Hi element! Just about all shops in Cozumel offer Nitrox courses. However, if you are looking at either Aqua Safari or Aldora, I would go with Aldora of the two because they use HP 120's.

I also teach nitrox, but I use AL 80's as do most shops on the island.

However, if I was going to recommend a shop to take your Nitrox course with (other than myself), I would recommend Liquid Blue Divers. Roberto is a PADI IDC Staff Instructor and was with Aldora for many years before starting his own operation. He also uses the steel tanks and it sounds like he would be the est to serve your particular needs. I also agree that you should try to get the reading done prior to your arrival to save vacation time for yourself!

You can contact them at info@liquidbluedivers.com or look at their website at www.liquidbluedivers.com

Good luck and have fun!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom