Puerto Morelos Mexico- Wet Set Water Adventures

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wetsetdivers

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Ave. Rojo Gomez, Puerto Morelos, Quintana Roo, Mex
# of dives
500 - 999
Looking for a dive adventure in Mexico? Tired of the cattle boat operators, lousy scuba rentals and only OK diving?? Stop whatever you are doing and look at Wet Set Dive Travel.com  Discount dive travel for the serious diver. right now. Find the best beach in the upper Mayan Riviera, the only dive resort in the entire area, the best little dive shop in Mexico and prices so low, you can afford to stay. Ocean view rooms on a beautiful white sand beach (not rocks), restaurant, bar and best of all, Wet Set Water Adventures has a dive center on premise. We do not rent equipment, we loan you, whatever you may need while diving with us. Airport transfers are included and all this is yours for under 139.00 per night. Check us out and see why divers have consistently voted us the # 1 PADI dive center in Puerto Morelos.

Wet Set Water Adventures is by far the worst dive operator I've encountered, and that's after 60 dives in 10 countries.  How bad were they?  My daughter and I pre-paid for 3 days of diving Easter week and, even though it was non-refundable, we walked away after the first day.  

Where to begin? 
- His boat captain had only driven the boat for snorkelers, didn't know how to use the GPS unit to find the dive site (we passed back-and-forth over the site for a full 10 minutes before we sort of hit it...he never seemed quite sure, however), and didn't know how follow drift dives (he was hundreds of yards away when I surfaced, circling where he thought we had entered, and it took me nearly 10 minutes of whistling to get him to come pick me up).
- He didn't seem at all interested in leading divers...he took off way ahead of us, forcing us to push as hard as possible just to keep up.  He didn't bother to point out much of anything.
- Even though we paid for three days of diving he didn't offer many dive options...a true disappointment.
- Very little customer courtesy...at one point he said he was surprised I had 60 dives, and I needed to work on my buoyancy...no doubt he is correct, but for a guy who has apparently run a dive operation for more than 20 years, he's got a heck of a lot to learn as well.
- My daughter was so put out by the operation, and by Paul, that she decided she didn't want to dive any more that week...which really bummed me out.  
- I hated to lose the money, so I tried to figure out how to get enough dives in myself, and possibly a fishing trip with my son...then my  daughter told me that after the second dive the captain said he had very little fuel left, and was afraid of running out of gas waiting for us to surface. SERIOUSLY? That's the simplest of things! If you can't even make sure you have enough fuel in the boat, what other corners are you cutting?

I dove a second day, with another operator, and it was MUCH better...it didn't take much to be an improvement.

Avoid Wet Set Water Adventures at all costs...or, at the very least, do your homework!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom