Sail fish diving in Isla Mujeres

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mike

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Does anyone have any information / experience with sail fish diving around isla mujeres? Is it diving or snorkeling? Anybody done it? What dive ops do it or which ones are recommended?

Thanks

Mike

Anyone I've known who's done the trip has gone out on the Lilly M. They've also all snorkeled, no SCUBA.

Since it's a short season with limited space, and an in-demand trip for photographers and videographers, the trips book up early.

In the past Wetpixel has run trips as had DivePhotoGuide and Shark Diver Magazine. Amos Nachoum also runs trips. DPG's 2011 trip is sold out, haven't seen one with Wetpixel for 2011, and don't know if there's still space with these or not. Itinerary and Pricing | Big Animals
Sailfish Baitball - Swimming with sailfish - Pictures of sailfish - Isla Mujeres sailfish

I haven't done the trip, but based on what I've heard from friends who have, and seeing their photos and video, if I every do it I'd want to go with a very experienced operator on a good boat with a captain and crew who know what they're doing. Not something I'd tackle as a day trip with whatever boat said they'd take me.

Hi, Its an old thread, but I have a boat chartered for 3 weeks this January 2013. Trip includes 5 days on the private charter - the Lilly M mentioned above or one of the same owner's boats - limited to around 5 people - and hotel. Freedive/ snorkel only, blue water, contact me and check my website for details. Gregory Sweeney Photography and Photography Tours

Back
Top Bottom