Cancun diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi, I'm new here. We are planning on taking a family vacation to cancun this spring and are looking for a good diving operation. My husband is an experienced diver, I have some experience and our two kids this will be their second time diving. We are looking for an experience we can all enjoy safely. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Hi, I'm new here. We are planning on taking a family vacation to cancun this spring and are looking for a good diving operation. My husband is an experienced diver, I have some experience and our two kids this will be their second time diving. We are looking for an experience we can all enjoy safely. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

First welcome to :sblogo:
Have you thought about joining the Scubaboard Invasion to Cozumel ?
It's a great deal and the diving is Cozumel is much better than Cancun.
We also have a number of families attending with teenagers & kids and kids under 12 eat and stay free.

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/in...61018-scubaboard-invades-cozumel-package.html

Hi-ScorpioDivers is a good dive co. I just returned from Cancun at xmas where I dove with Alvaro of AlwaysDiving. My wife is a new diver and Alvaro proved to be a fabulous divemaster/instructor. He is VERY patient, understanding, and knowledgeable as well as accommodating to meet all diver's needs. He is also a fine and honourable man whose greatest pleasures in life are family and diving. I wouldn't hesitate to highly recommend him. Email him at: chila9@prodigy.mx

Everyone in Cancun has caught on to Ben and Jorge with their fake post on Trip Advisor and Scuba Board. Now Sherri at Nautilus Diving has the fake post working in her favor as well. Neither one is an actual dive shop but instructors pretending to be a dive centers using someone else's boats and equipment. :shocked2:

Can this be proven? When i first opened my auto repair shop i didnt have an alignment machine,and some other equipment, does that mean im not a auto repair shop? no, what it means is that i did not have deep pockets, businesses are not created overnight, it takes time ,hard work,as you build your clientele so you can get the dive boats,the gear, etc. there is another dive shop in coz. i would dive with if ben,jorge and trevor weren't avail. you would not even think that this was a dive op just walking by,they are located under a restauraunt/bar. they are down to earth people and very thorough. if you weren't happy with the service you received you have every right to say so but imho you are going above and beyond here to ruin someones business, be it large or small. something smells here and it ain't my wetsuit.

The difference is that you probably had a location that you worked out of. Scorpio Divers works out of their house. They use someone else's boats, tanks and leave from another dive shop's location. How about the 12 post on Trip Advisor in 16 days for example or 81 post in less then a year. Hummm, and not a bad post, no mention that they don't really have a dive shop or a boat on any of their Trip Advisor reports. I am sure a couple of their post are real but they are buried among the fake ones. They are just two guys offering private dive trips and are not a actual real dive shop like stated in in some of their post. :shakehead::shakehead::shakehead:

SO Divemuch, you clearly don't understand how Mexico tourism operates, and in consequence you are running a one-man campaign bad-mouthing reputable dive operators.

Everything is outsourced.... vans, boats, cylinder fills. Boats are pretty much all freelance, run by the individual skippers or fishing cooperatives. All instructors (with one or two exceptions are freelancers, dive guides are almost all freelancers, paid by the dive! Vans are contracted-out to companies in close cahoots with the taxi union and so on.

Scuba Cancun is one of the exceptions. They have been there many decades, and as a consequence they have (rented) premises and (rented) boats. Their staff are nonetheless almost all freelancers. They fill 80% of the cylinders used by all the dive ops in Cancun.
Aquaworld are in a world of their own, with massive resources, and paying passive commissions to continue their operations.

Nautilus, Scorpio, Mayan Aqua Dive, Always, Solo Buceo, all use outsourced resources. Even Manta Divers (American-owned, so they must be OK, yeah right!) use outsourced boats half the time.

So get off your high horse, DiveMuch, admit that you weren't good enough to dive with Ben and Jorge, admit that you got drunk the day before you were meant to go diving, admit that you overslept the day they were going to pick you up, admiot you didn't check your emails, so missed the communications. Man up, grow some and understand how the world works.

When we dive, we always dive with individuals. Just because an operation has a nice shopfront means nothing. It is the quality of the instructor or guide that we rely on
(when we are not relying on ourselves or our buddy), and Ben and Jorge (Scorpio), Alvaro (Always), Miguel and Leif (Manta) are some of the guys in Cancun that I would always be happy to dive with.

Chris

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom