Scuba Caribe Cancun

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Easdem

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
A group of friends and I are going to Cancun and staying at the RIU Palace in October. There are 5 divers. Two DM's (I will be finished with my internship by then) 2 AOW's and 1 freshly certfied OW.

The outfit at the RIU is Scuba Caribe. Any feedback on them? Should we book with some other outfit?

Thanks!

I checked their website as someone was looking for information on them and were staying at Grand Palladium, I was surprised to read their deep dive was listed as 18m :)

Easdem,

Although the shop I'm doing my DM internship is based out of Playa Del Carmen (Home - Ecodivingtours), we do run dive tours in Cancun and more frequently in Puerto Morelos. If the pull of Mexico is too great, and I'm still living out here, I'd be happy to take you guys out. This of course is assuming I finish my Divemaster internship by October! Unfortunately I can't speak to Scuba Caribe or Scorpio Divers, but I'm sure the Scuba Board citizens won't lead you astray.

Ditto on the Dos XX and tacos (al pastor in particular).

Best of luck in your search!

Patrick (DMEpat)

I don't know that op. We've been to Cancun 3 times and always dive with Alvaro from AlwaysDiving.com. We've done Cancun, Playa del Carmen and Cenote dives with him and I will say that you can't go wrong with him.

hi me and my girlfriend have just returned from mexico and were staying at one of the riu hotels are would not recommend this company at all

we actually booked something else through this company (deep sea fishing) however when we went out for this the water was really really bad. my girlfriend had to leave the boat after 45 minutes and by the end even i was feeling very rough ( i have a very strong stomach). i was also nearly thrown of the boat a couple of times. when i returned we spoke to our hotel rep who said the harbour master had recommended no boats to go out that day. we also spoke to a couple of other people at hotel and there trips were cancelled due to poor weather conditions. so we felt we should be entitled to a refund (couldn't do another trip as was a day before we left) ... staff were very unpleasant when we spoke to them about this and said because we got on boat we wouldn't get refund (even thou from the beach we couldn't possible see how bad the sea was) our travel rep advised they were breaking health and safety laws and insurance conditions and only went out as boats had been grounded last few days and they were losing alot of money....so i have e-mailed there insurance providers and waiting reply back from them about how to proceed

also spoke to another nice couple on plane and they had actually booked a scuba diving tour on same day as we had problem and had gone out but turned back after 10minutes due to sea sickness and conditions. when they tried to get refund they said they were getting one because they had got on the boat!!!
please DON'T use this company and send a message to them to let them know this kind of thing is not acceptable. hit them where in hurts in there pockets. they obviously do not care about health and safety of their customers. once they have your money they don't care about anything

p.s the hotel is amazing ..staff are really friendly and helpful, place is very clean and food is excellent..i have no issues with riu hotel at all would defo book with them again but scuba caribe please dont use they are a disgrace to this hotel, to other scuba companies and to mexico

Hey buddy, Tomorrow I will be diving Cenotes with Alvaro from AlwaysDiving.com, I highly recommend him. Last week Steve, Jason, Alvaro and I go to do lion hunting in Playa del Carmen we kill 11 of them. Incredible experience!!:wink:

Hello, if you wish to have your group taken privately (for less cost than the price per diver on other dive ops) send me a pm or click on the website below. Our services are integral and personalized. We do not force any dive packages but let you choose to dive only what you wish.
we do not charge "surprise" taxes or fees, nor have you dive with anyone but your group. We love to dive and enjoy doing what we do.
Let me know if we may be of service. Our deep dive is at the wrecks 25 mts.
HAPPY DIVING

Back
Top Bottom