Cenote review - Centoexperience and the Angelita and Dos Ojos Cenotes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Craig66

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
As part of a 8 day trip to Cozumel I had the pleasure to come out to the mainland to dive the cenotes. I had dived the cenotes once before with someone that apparently had a good SB reputation and was very disappointed as besides the fact that I was not delivered what I was promised the safety, guidance and gear were so questionable that it was a miracle that no one was killed. Naturally I was a little apprehensive about diving the cenotes again but my dive buddy convinced me, did the research and booked with Nicholas from Cento experience. I was thrilled to see that I had nothing to worry about as Nicholas was amazing and gave my dive buddy and I a great but more improtantly safe experience. He met us at the ferry as promised and took us in his car to Cenote Angelita. He had everything that he needed for the dives and did not need to stop anywhere to pick up supplies. First stop was Cenote Angelita which was amazing. For those that don’t know it, it is not really a cavern dive. It is really a pit dive but the amazing thing is that between the freshwater and salt water at about 100 feet is a layer of hydrogen sulphide. One decends through the freshwater and can see the “floor “ when you hit the floor you descend through the “floor “ which is the cloud and emerge underneath it in the pitch black of the salt water. You swim around for a couple of minutes but then ascend back through the coud and this is really where the fun begins as as you emerge through cloud it is as if you are coming through the floor and the other member of the group look like their bodies have been swallowed by the floor. It is the most surreal experience I have ever had. AS you emerge the water is so clear that you feel like you are above water and almost feel like taking off your mask. You swim around a little half in the cloud and half out and the experience is just magical. You then ascend back up to the surface by way of a slow spiral. Second and third dive were at Dos Ojos which was really amazing. Nicholas brought sandwiches and fruit and water and juice for lunch. His dive briefings were spot on and I felt very safe in his hands – Diving the cenotes is one of those times were even at 225 dives you have no choice but to be a “trust me diver” and I felt that my trust was not misplaced. After three incredible tanks Nico took us back to the ferry. Thanks Nico for a great dive experience

Craig

Agreed. I have dived Angelita multiple times with Cenotexperience, it was safe and great every time.

Thanks for the posts Craig66 and stdiver. We recently dived with Nicolas and thought that he was excellent. Very professional, well organised and saftey conscious. We dived Angelita, Grand Cenote and Dream Gates and they were all great. We hope to be back someday ! :)

Back
Top Bottom