Excellent service from Scorpio Divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

brocci

New
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Well, I've been lurking on ScubaBoard for many years now but have never posted anything. However, I had such a fantastic experience with Jorge of Scorpio Divers that I really wanted to let others know about it.

My family and I planned a very quick trip to Cancun a few weeks ago in an attempt to snorkel with the whale sharks. I had read great things about Scorpio Divers here on the board so I made arrangements through them for the excursions. Unfortunately, the weather had other ideas and we weren't able to make it out on the water at all.

From my very first email to them, Jorge was incredibly responsive, answered all my questions, and even gave me some great hotel suggestions. Then a few days before our trip he let me know that the weather was looking iffy and that he didn't want to mislead me at all. We decided to go ahead with the trip anyway, in hopes that it would clear up. For the few days before the trip, and through our entire time in Cancun we got regular updates from Jorge on the weather and the likelihood of the excursions going or not.

I don't think we've ever had better communication from a dive operator, even when we were actively diving with them for multiple days! To get this level of service for excursions that didn't even happen is unbelievable to me. When one considers that we were only planning on doing the whale shark trips and didn't actually have any DIVING booked with Jorge, it's even more impressive. I now understand first-hand why there are so many positive comments about Scorpio Divers.

We'll definitely be heading back to Cancun one of these days, and we'll definitely be diving with Jorge and his crew!

I agree -- we have been planning trip in September, and Jorge has been very responsive with our questions.

I agree as well---my wife and have gone with Scorpio a couple of times out of Cancun. Jorge & crew are great. We ended up doing a free ascent on a nasty weather day and I was pretty nervous about the boat op being able to find us-----I hadn't hear the boat for a while. He was all over it and, as it turned out, was just far enough away so that he couldn't be heard underwater.

Dove with Scorpio August 2011.
Jorge planned our Chitzen Itza tour, 3 days of diving as well as our whale shark tour. Communication was great, plans were easy and always on time.
Ben, Mike and Daniel were all great DM's and guides. Without the 3 of them our dives would not have been enjoyable and possibly my girlfriend would have given up on diving. She ended up enjoying all of her dives and can't wait to go back. The best part is the next time I am going anywhere in the area, I do not need to look for another dive operator. Scorpio will be the first and last dive company we deal with in the area.

Just want to point out that we did the Cenote dive and I was doing the cenote just to scratch it off my list, but after the great interesting dive I am already dreaming about my next cavern dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom