Is tripadvisor reliable

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divexplor.com

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Is tripadvisor reliable ?
We get a review from a person who never use our services.
Trip advisor will not erase the review because it follows the guidelines.
Should the people use the service before they can review it?
Thats not in the guidelines?
So we can review dive operations without even dive with them?
We have a big worry as a trip advisor user and as a company owner.
Am i able to trust this channel anymore?

We NEVER had any kind of contact or "customer service experience" with any person who fits in this user. No emails, phone calls, we dont know who is this person but we know that we did not offer this service to anyone in past months. We had few people in June. This person did not even exist for us before she write a review about us. In this case they should remove this away if she never get ANY customer service experience form us. RIGHT?
If they keep it its not a big deal for tripadvisor and for some competitor probably they get one place higher when we stop using trip advisor. As a company owner related diving we are working with liability and safety we will not trust the reviews here anymore. Rather even trust other social etworks and check services there.
I wrote right away a owner answer when we started to get cancelations from our people at the morning but obviously trip advisor is not able to post it as fast as everything else and this one lie review already started to hurt our business.
So just waiting for more cancelations...nice!Really thinking to just shut down the whole account.
I don't want spam in our tripadvisor and if this is happening i will not trust the other reviews about anything in trip advisor anymore. Lucky there is already other places to be on the map with out spams.
Why we know that this is NOT A REAL REVIEW, because in month June we had 2 weeks vacations and the rest of the month we had few people and all of them write a review. Nobody was from USA, everyone from Europe. I feel sad for this because we are a small company and trip advisor been a big help for us. We are talking about less than 30 reviews If you can not trust the few reviews so i rather make our own testimonials than let people read lies about us. And what kind of lies? in this case if you know about diving at all, this review is basically accusing us to try to kill the person.
Probably this is why we are taking this pretty seriously!!!!
There is not a such a thing than "mild decompression sickness" so its a decompression sickness or it is not!!!
In this case she should be treated in the hyper camber and obviously she was not. The review is telling that the person has poor knowledge about diving and we will not take people to 90ft to see a wreck if you dont even know what is a decompression sickness.

We check all our diving computers for our dives and no dive profiles that match with this review. And yes, you dont go to do that wreck dive with out dive computer. We even doubt our selves that we went to dive there where she claims because only this one review. BUT WE KNOW WE DID NOT!
We never even get an email from this person or anyone from California. We have statistics from the website and theres only 3 entries from California in the past year to our website and none of them more than couple of minutes. I honestly dont know the motive of this person and i really doubt that she even is real at all.I also contact her from trip advisor but the person never answer and we dont have her real name.
Unfortunately if tripadvisor dont check this person and this serious accuse about trying to kill some one, they have a serious liability problem. I just need to close the channel wich is not good for us either but better than having lies there.
What is even more scary with this person is that she is able to give details that nobody knows about the location than people who works/dive in the same area. We know for sure that we did not have any dive in June in the wreck or last 2 months. Though we been getting intimidations from dive centers in the same area so could be a competitor. We are in Mexico so what else you can expect. All our REAL clients been giving us just good words.
What ever motive and what ever trip advisor will do for this we will know now that they have a big problem with tripadvisor channel.
Review you can trust...haha!
Saludos
divexplor.com

Why not post this on TA instead of here. You can respond to any review on TA.

I have a friend who has exactly the same problem for their Bed & Breakfast. Someone posted a bad review who had not stayed with them. I don't think it was malicious - they just got confused over which B&B they stayed with. Again, Tripadvisor didn't remove the review when they protested about it.

I don't like Tripadvisor, because of that reason. There's absolutely nothing to stop someone posting malicious reviews, either as a prank or from competitive companies.

Short of threatening legal action against Tripadvisor, I don't think there is much you can do, if they won't listen to you.

It's a tough situation. Good luck, I'll keep that in mind in the future when looking at tripadvisor!

i have little respect for ta. They seem to censor (read delete) what they feel is bad for tourism and leave other things out there (last instance was the recent murder a few weeks ago). i used to post now and then but now avoid posting. just my two cents.

Man raw deal. I have in the past used trip advisor and had mixed results. I have stayed at hotels that had 1 star reviews and found them to be some of the best economical choices one could make. Then I stayed at hotels where the place was so bad I had to leave mid stay from so many positive reviews.

The problems I have found is like above posters mentioned people can ghost their own reviews to make them look like they are a top notch facility and turn out to be horrible. Then I have found some places who are a legitamit buisness and someone get mad for what ever reason and ghost a bunch of negative reviews.

I have very little regard for TA posts. You usually have no info on the poster and what little I have read was not helpful.

If you have 30 positive reviews, 1 negative one is not going to hurt you.

If you have 30 positive reviews, 1 negative one is not going to hurt you.
To be honest if there was not at least one or 2 complaints Id question how legitimit the buisness was. In this day in age no one pleases 100 percent of their clientel

To be honest if there was not at least one or 2 complaints Id question how legitimit the buisness was. In this day in age no one pleases 100 percent of their clientel
Yep, but when you read what they complain about, it often does not hold up.

I have read a few TA reports on non-dive destinations when I couldn't find much here, but they really did not help much. It's mostly a front for booking hotels, etc.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom