Whale shark season Isla Mujeres

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi joe, my fiancee and I do snorkeling this July and it was a life time experience. We saw about 300 to 400 whale sharks in all the trip, about 10 manta rays, and a few dolphins when we came back to Isla Mujeres. We take pictures and video with them and was incredible experience. If you are going to Isla dont forget get in a tour, as much I know, season finish September 15th. :)
Can anyone confirm how the season is going this year?

I just got back as well. Plenty of whale sharks. We had anywhere from a few to 15-20 at any one given time. You'd be swimming along with one on to realize you were about to have a head-on with another. They were full grown whale sharks and I'm still trying to wrap my mind around their size.

I just got back as well. Plenty of whale sharks. We had anywhere from a few to 15-20 at any one given time. You'd be swimming along with one on to realize you were about to have a head-on with another. They were full grown whale sharks and I'm still trying to wrap my mind around their size.

Same here we did our whale shark tour on 7-29-11 out of Cancun.

Who is the best op to use out of Cancun? I prefer small personable ops that will let you capitalize on photo opportunities.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom