Manzanillo?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TMHeimer

Contributor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Dartmouth,NS,Canada(Eastern Passage-Atlantic)
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Am looking into a possible week there. Anyone familiar with these shops?: "Scuba Shack--Underworld Scuba" and "Aqua Sports Adventures". Hotel advice, etc. Thanks in advance.

I dove in Manzanillo with the scuba shack about 6 years ago. I think the fellow that I dove with was Fernando the marine biologist. I did about 8 dives. Fernando was great, the diving was also quite good. The visibility wasn't like the Carribean or Hawaii but still okay. Lots to see.

I know Aquatic Sports and Adventures pretty well as I'm one of the owners. As bc1954 said the diving here isn't like Caribbean. It's typically lower visibility and cooler water but we have an amazing diversity of fish. We have an article about it at It's not the Caribbean... We have dive sites and conditions to suit any level of diving. So let us know what kind of diving you like to do and we do our best to accommodate. We also have nitrox and get our air tested regularly.

I can also help some in the hotel department. What kind of place are you looking for? All inclusive? Luxury? Economic? Middle of the road? Do you want to be on the beach? Also will you be renting a car when you come?

Nathan

We dove with Fernando at Scuba Shack a couple years ago as well. He was great! The ocean surges on that side were pretty cool. Lots to see but the viz isn't as good as Caribbean. Saw a number of eagle rays there... :wink:

dont expect the carribean viz thats for true.. but still diving the pacific is unique, you will se lots of rocks formations underwater and always something that it is different from other sites which make it exciting. Enjoy you bubbles upd there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom