2 Days of Cenote Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mutiny33

New
Reaction score
Hello,

I was going to travel to Cozumel and Playa Del Carmen in late december. My friend and I are OW certified. We plan to do 2 days of cenote diving.

Which Cenotes do you recommend diving?

Are there dive shops you can recommend?

I notice that many dive shops offer cenote diving but don't say which cenotes they dive.

Thanks

Dos Ojos is a great beginner Cenotes. It's a 2-dive to see it all, the second dive being usually the bat cave.
Very beautiful.

We dove through our hotel, in that on the hotel site of the Bahai Riviera Maya complex, the outfit ScubaQuatic took care of dives. Any diving outfit can take you there. Obviously you cannot just go yourself.

I don't have advice for the 2nd day.

There are many Cenotes ...
Taj Ma Ha
Grand
Car wash
Dos Ojos
Angelita
plus many more ...my comment - you can't go wrong with any of them and you will be amazed - there are many videos and photos on this site and on the web - search Cenotes or any by name listed above to get a sense of the dive and what you may see but nothing beats the feeling of "flying" and that is what you'll feel in a Cenote or what has also been described as a "trip to Yoda's world" if you visit Angelita

Who are you diving with on the other hand could make or break the fun ....
My recommendation - Thomas @ Dive Balam/ Royal Haciendas ...not only will you have a safe and fun time but the additional education and History is very enjoyable also - be sure to mention that you want to stop for tacos and you will be happy you did :D

Last edited:
This is a post I put up on another board that was asking for dive shop recommendations.... This is a great shop and is perfect for smaller groups.

Dive Shop Mexico located on 20th between 5th and 1st is a great shop. It's a small shop that will give you plenty of personal attention. I got my OW Cert with them last year. Natalia (who is part owner) was my instructor.... and she was as nice as could be. On our checkout dives she took all kinds of pictures and burned them on to a CD as soon as we got back and didn't charge us a penny. They go out of their way to help and make you feel like you have been friends for a lifetime. They have their own pool behind the shop for classes or a refresher course.

After passing my OW I signed up for a cenote dive which was awesome.... It was just myself and one other guy, Andrea drove us to Dos Ojos. It was a nice air conditioned ride and Andrea is very nice and filled us in on some of the local intel. The three of us did two dives with a quick bite to eat between the two which Andrea brought for us as well as some drinks. If I remember correctly we left the shop around 8 and I was back at the hotel by 1:00.

If your looking for a shop that will give you great personal attention and make you fell like your diving with friends.... Dive shop Mexico gets my nod.

I have already signed up for my AOW classes when I go back down in Feb....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom