Bull Sharks near Playa Del Carmen

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tendi

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'll be in the area in a few weeks and I'm just wondering if the bull sharks have been seen near PDC? If I remember, this is the time of year they show up. I know some were killed last year...hoping there are still plenty to dive with. Also looking for dive shop/divemaster recommendations...

I spoke with Alvaro from AlwaysDiving.com last week. We're going to be on Cozumel Dec 5th-15th, with one day on the mainland for Cenote & shark diving. I don't know when "a few weeks" is, but it certainly sounded like that sharks are still putting on a show.

Drop Alvaro a note. He'll fix you up.

Cancun Scuba Diving Center located at the Hotel Zone.

Hi to all the scuba borders i just want to tell you that the bull shark are hear in www.playadelcarmenbullshark.com if you need info of shark feeding dive o non feeding dive please let us know. If you are in Cozumel you can just take the ferry and we pick you up. Morning and afternoon dive. We can respect DEMA special in groups.

Contact playadelcarmendivecenter@gmail.com

Last edited by a moderator:
We were there 11/15-20 and the Bulls are back. We didn't do the "shark" dive but still did see 5-6 of them. Incredible creatures!

We're planning a shark dive Dec 14th. Last dive before they drag us on the plane and send us home. I spoke with Alvaro from AlwaysDiving.com a couple days ago and he tells me there is no shortage of bulls, despite last years tragic killings.

I was in playa a couple of days ago and got to see 4 bull sharks (about 8-10ft) while diving in jardines.
They got a little close to our group but it was just curiosity, no aggressive behavior.

Did the shark dive about a week ago. Saw 5 or 6...One mommy with her baby. I didn't know bull sharks kept their young with them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom