Cabo Pulmo Good for Begineers?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reef Geek

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello all! My wife and I are new to diving. We just recently completed our open water certs and are anxious to get back in the water!!!

We'll be near Cabo Pulmo during the last week of November and would like to do some diving. Is this a good spot for begineers? Any recommendations? It's a short trip, so we'll only be able to dive for a day or two.

Thanks for the help!

My hotel is in San Jose. I'm not set on Cabo Pulmo, but I hear it shouldn't be missed if you have the opportunity. My #1 goal is to dive somewhere safe, fun, and easy to get to from San Jose.

We frequently do trips out to Cabo Pulmo from San Jose ... This trip can be great for beginners and has some fantastic diving...The area is however heavily affected by the winds and this can cause problems with being able to dive out there. If you are thinking of diving for more than one day may I also recommend the diving in Cabo San Lucas along the underwater canyon here. There is a good chance to see large pelagics and the rock formations are fantastic

Either way hope you have a great trip :D

We frequently do trips out to Cabo Pulmo from San Jose ... This trip can be great for beginners and has some fantastic diving...The area is however heavily affected by the winds and this can cause problems with being able to dive out there. If you are thinking of diving for more than one day may I also recommend the diving in Cabo San Lucas along the underwater canyon here. There is a good chance to see large pelagics and the rock formations are fantastic

Either way hope you have a great trip :D

Thanks for the tip!

Do you recommed any particular dive ops in either location?

We run to trips trips to both locations and offer discounts to scubaboard.com users ...Please see the website link in my signature. If you dont want to use us I wont be offended :D and I would also recommend looking at Sunshine Dive and Charter in San Lucas + Cabo Pulmo Beach Resort in Cabo Pulmo...

Hi Reef Geek, Cabo Pulmo is not a great Place for begineers because of the Currents. It is a drift Dive. We dove there yesterday and it was not that good.The wind is a factor in Winter as are the waves.
It would be better to Dive Cabo San Lucas. The boat rides are short the water is clear, calm and there is some of the best Diving in Mexico here. We have over 800 species of Tropical Marine Life here. Check my signature for a great Deal.
Thanks
Dee

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom