Pluto Dive/Dressel Divers experiences?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cvrle1

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi everyone,

I will be staying at PDC mid-December and would like to take 1 day and do few dives. I am going with fiance who is not certified so I dont want to leave her alone for more them one afternoon.

I was looking at some possible dive operators and found these 2: Pluto Dive and Dressel Divers.

Any experience with either? Read reviews and heard excellent things about Pluto, but wanted to see if anyone had 1st hand experience.

Dressel I found today and am considering them since they are located in the hotel that we will be staying at (Iberostar Quetzal) Also read good things on them.

Any help is appreciated :)

Thanks

We dove with Pluto a few times when we were in Playa. They cater mostly to Italians, (often we were the only english speakers on the boat), but they are a small shop, with a small boat. (only holds like 4-5 divers). For us that was exactly what we were looking for. They let us dive what we wanted, and didn't restrict bottom times.

cvrle1 - how was Iberostar Quetzal? I just made plans to go there with my 18 year old daughter (and other girls and moms) for spring break. A little worried about how crazy it may be at spring break. My daughter and I are the only divers in the group and I want to at least have a tentative plan for when we get there. Did you end up using Dressel on-site or something else? My daughter was junior certified 4 years ago so she needs some refreshing. Not sure how much she will want to dive since her other friends won't be diving - I may end up doing some diving without her (expect that chaperone duties will be mostly at night). I would appreciate any suggestions.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom