La Paz Package Deals

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

EricJ

Contributor
Reaction score
Los Osos (San Luis Obispo County) California
# of dives
500 - 999
I'm thinking about doing a dive trip to La Paz. So far, I checked out the Websites of Club Cantamar and The Cortez Club. Cantamar looks a little off the beaten path, but that might not be a bad thing. I couldn't tell if the Cortez Club's prices included any meals. I like the breakfast-lunch deal with the package. Cantamar offers that, but they appear to be pretty isolated. I'll be taken my underwater camera gear, so quality storage, rinse tanks, etc. will be a big plus.

Cantamar's location actually makes them much closer to the dive sites, and it's already a long boat ride just because of the dive site locations.

Place is nice, just make sure you get a room away from the road, as there is considerable truck noise from the ferry facility down the road. I found renting a car to be a good way to get from SJD to hotel, and then could explore restaurants at will. If you're going with a group, they'll provide a van (I have friends who did this) but just 1-2 a car is cheap and handy. Plus it's a cool drive (and safe) especially if you have time to explore off the beaten path a bit.

Have fun, but remember, they have very distinct seasons and temps.

The Cortez Club charge extra for food but Im sure if you email them you will be able to work something out. They also have a pretty good facility over there and are used to taking photographers and equipment.

Is there anywhere down there that caters to scuba and is not far from dive sites . From what I gather it is at least an hour to most sites from resort areas .
There seems to be lttle info on the whole Baja Penninsula , I assume it is not really worth it for a " strictly dive vacation" thanks , coldwater

Back
Top Bottom