Mayan Aqua Divers with Scorpio Divers now?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mr.Bigg

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
A few years back I dove with Ben Mooney from Mayan Aqua Divers while staying at Excellence Playa Mujeres. Was a great outfit. I was browsing the Cancun forums and it looks like he is with Scorpio now?

I have a trip coming up in December back to EPM for just a couple days and I am debating using Aqua World onsite (Blech), or trying to track down Ben again and see if he'll pick me up from EPM. It's just going to be me diving so I feel bad asking anyone to drive all the way up to pick my lazy butt up, but I also don't want to pay $50 each way for a taxi. I could also ferry over to Isla Mujeres, but that would take all day and I don't want my wife to have to spend the whole day alone.

Anywho, was mainly just asking about Scorpio divers. If it was everyone from Mayan Aqua, or a new outfit, or whatever? Are they keen on picking people up, would I be an nuisance?

Ben and Jorge started Scorpio Divers a couple years ago. We dove with them in March of this year; however, I think Ben may have left the organization and now Jorge runs it. Just check with them...they will give you the most current information.

Hello Mr. Bigg. I'm Guido, owner of Balam Nautic Center that since last month it was integrated in the company MAYAN AQUA DIVE. Ben is in Spain indefinitely. I don't know him personally, I know they had problems and now Jorge is managin' Skorpio alone, doing well in the current year.
We're mooving operations from the Royal Int. Club (km.5 front of the big flag) with the Taurus (40 feet/2 engines 240 hrs each) enough space for our small groups and personal deal and care. We can organize daily pick-ups from the EPM (I was working with since two years).
Please feel free to contact us if you're interested but PLEASE, don't even mention aquaworld if your're a real Diver ! Thnks and warm regards
info@mayanaquadive.com or guidofrancisco67@hotmail.com
Guido
p.s. I apologyze with the readers of this thread for the advertising

We met Ben and dove with Jorge at Scorpio while staying at Excellence Playa Mujeres in 2010. While I can't say if Ben is still there, I know Jorge is still around as he is often updating the shop's Facebook page.

We had to great drivers pick us up from EPM throughout the week. We dove reefs in Cancun one day, one day of Cenotes, one day at Puerto Morelos, and took the ferry to Coz for a day. Some of these drives can be long, so bring a book :)

Ben update,

Ben is in Spain for some time to come.
He said that he wouldn't be back in time to dive with me this summer (2012) , but should be back by 2013.

Jim breslin

Back
Top Bottom