Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos, Mexico with Baja Dive Nov-Dec 2011

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sea2Sky

New
Reaction score
So you know who's writing this; I've been diving for 30 years all over the world, and once owned my own dive shop. I am a stickler for service and value... if you're the same, this is your shop. Location: I found them at the Wyndham Hotel at the Marina in Cabo. The owner, Devore, is welcoming and honest. He offered to pick us up and drop us off (our hotel was close by), provided professional and friendly service, and was a gentleman all-round. The divemaster, Carlos, is a character. His briefings were thorough and all-pro, but he kept us engaged with humour and good information. Once underwater, he went out of his way to point out lots of life and interesting finds. On the boat, he does his best to entertain... and he's good at it! I had an issue with an o-ring in my pressure gauge (mine, not rented) just before we jumped in... Carlos had it apart and repaired in 5 mintues, and serviced my rig overnight when we got back. I actually left all my equipment at the shop overnight, as this is the only club I've been with who said they'd store everything and would accept full responsibility while doing it. First class. Diving in Cabo in general was a huge surprise to me. I hadn't read much about it, and was extremely pleased with what we encountered: giant eel, eagle ray, sea lions playing 3 feet away, schools of fish, very well preserved fans and coral. The vis was about 50-60 ft, though surface conditions were a little rough. We dove Land's End and Pelican Rock (excellent dives) and Medium Wall and The Point (The Point was a little repetitive, but we spotted the sea lion there, which made the dive). We only had time for 4 dives... I would love to have done more, but I got a nasty head cold! Anyway, if you're looking for a great shop with experience that is professionallyand honestly run, this is your stop. HINT: check out their daily dive blog on ScubaBoard - ScubaBoard Home forums for conditions... and there's a little message embedded there that might save you some cash!

Sea2 is right - Baja Dive Dee picked me up from Casa Dorada, extended the ScubaBoard discount, and yes, Carlos is completely thorough, professional & fun. Groups kept to 5 or less. VERY service oriented. Will be back for sure, just to dive w/ Carlos at a minimum.

Scuba Cabo San Lucas 12-2011 (3).JPG Scuba Cabo San Lucas 12-2011 (7).jpg
Here's Carlos & I Surface Intervaling off Pelican Rock.

Hey Bruce thats a great photo jumping of the rock.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom