Diving & snorkeling in Cabo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vjongene

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Wife and I will be going to Cabo in late February. I want to dive, she wants to snorkel (and has no intention to learn diving). I am looking for an outfit that will let me dive the way I like, i.e. not force max bottom times or yelp if I happen to go into deco mode. My wife would like to tag along and be able to snorkel the way she likes, i.e. not with a large group of beginners.

I would be grateful for suggestions of dive clubs willing to accommodate our preferences. I have been burned before, buddied with "experienced divers" sucking air, been on two-tank dives with bottom time limited to <30 min to shorten surface intervals and avoid deco, and generally forced into less than enjoyable diving because of rules made for the clueless. This being said I am more than willing to discuss a sane dive plan with an open-minded DM.

Thanks already!

I've dove many times with Sunshine Dive (www.divecabo.com), including just a week ago, and would highly recommend them. As an experienced diver I've appreciated the absence of some of the rigid rules that make little sense that you are likely speaking of. Of course, they do have a schedule to keep to, so you can't stay down until your air runs out, etc., but guaranteed you'll have an enjoyable dive experience. If you're concerned about what your expectations might be, email what you have in mind and I'm sure Lars or Johnatan will get right back to you. They also offer free nitrox, a nice added benefit.

I second the sunshine dive recommendation. If you want a complete description of operators and dive sites, look up my trip report from December, 2009. The information is still valid I believe.

I second the sunshine dive recommendation. If you want a complete description of operators and dive sites, look up my trip report from December, 2009. The information is still valid I believe.

Thanks for the quick replies from both of you. The trip report was very useful. I do understand about time constraints for the boats, just hate it when bottom time is dictated by whoever sucks air the most. I will contact Sunshine and see what they offer.

Back
Top Bottom