Revillagigedo Islands

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubabun

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi Felllow Divers:

Hoping to get some advice from anyone who has been on a Revillagigedo's trip.

We are limited to when we are able to go: middle to end of May, September, November and maybe December. Since May is the tail end of the season and September the beginning, we are concerned about these not being really good times to visit.

There are also a few operators that run trips. They all sound good but nothing beats first hand knowledge.

We appreciate any advice and information that anyone has.

Thanks!

It is a very special place! Go for It.

Last edited by a moderator:
I went there the last week of April in 2011 with Rocio del Mar and it was awesome. One of my best trip so far. Mantas, sharks and dolphins on almost every dives and humpback whales at Roca Partida. My avatar picture is from our encounter with adult humpbacks and a calf taken with a wide angle lens on that trip. In November, you will have more chances to see Whale Sharks.

off hand i don't think many operators are running sept trips. I know the solmar starts up aroud the end of oct. This also goes for May. I believe the Nautilus Explorer was doing some late season trips last year an dodged the early season storms. But May and Sept to me is an iffy weather time. At last count I think 5 boats were diving the area. Solmar V, Nautilus Explorer, Rocio del Mar, an Aggressor boat and the Sea Escape. Nov is a nice time in that the water is still warmer (high 70's low 80's) and you often see whale sharks. Never been in Dec but its a bit early for the good whale action and I think the water is getting cooler. Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Best bets are the Solmar V and Nautilus Explorer. Have heard good things about the Rocio, not such great things about the Aggressor and nada about theSea Escape. Contact the boats directly for good trip date info. Socorro is wonderful.

THANK YOU Augustus! Wonderful video!

Thanks to all who replied.

Sounds like May is not the best time to go, Nov or Dec are better.

Bummer, that is a long time to wait! Isn't anticipation part of the fun?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom