Cabo San Lucas dives? Cruise April 2012

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chimchim

Registered
Reaction score
I've been reading through threads, but would also like any more specific advice.

I'll be on a Cruise on April 8 and I would like to do a 2 tank dive in Cabo.
- I'm only O/W certified
- I will not have any of my own equipment with me, except my prescription mask (need to rent all equipment including wetsuit)
- I will be the only diver because my family does not dive
- needs to work within the confines of a cruise schedule (tender boat late morning, need transportation from/back to the dock, etc
- looking for a relaxing, "low risk" dive but with stuff to see (I've done lots of Hawaii, Jamaica, Turks and Caicos, Huatulco-mexico, etc)
- I do this for fun, not for thrills
- I'll be taking a Canon ELPH in a dive case with me
- I'm not looking for bargain basement, but don't want to be ripped off either; so willing to pay fair price for reliable, good service

Recommends? (IE which shop, location, etc)

Hey Chimchim, We can meet you at the cruise ship Dock. Our shopis just a short walk from there.With your scuba board discount you can do a two tank dive with gear for$80.00.
We have been doing this in Cabo for 17 years.You will have some of the best photo ops in all of Mexico.
PM me and we can set up your Dive .

I've done a fair amount of diving over several months and with a couple of different shops. I would definitely recommend Nautilus Dive Tech. I have done several dives with them, and also completed a course.

Their equipment and facilities are immaculate and well taken care of. All of the staff are fantastic, and really experienced. They know the sites well. There are plenty of fun ones in Cabo with tons of good photo ops. They have some photos on their Facebook page, if you want to get an idea, for what is around. This is their website. http://www.loscaboscuba.com/

Let me know, if you need to know about anything else.

Have fun!

Last edited:
I have done lots of dives with Manta Scuba..when you get off your cruise ship they are really close and do accomodate cruise ship divers to the best they can. They have good rental equipment and you will see loads of great things. I dont have experience with the other companies in Cabo except one, I wont bash them online but are none of the above responders. I am sure you will enjoy your dives...be safe & have fun diving Cabo! Its a blast!

Hello! I would highly recommend Nautilus Dive Tech. I have been diving since 1996 and this is the most professional, safest and knowledgeable shop I've been with. You will not be lost in a large boat with about 15 other divers since they focus on small groups. It was myself and another diver during my dives... didnt have to worry about other divers crowding around and bumping into you while trying to enjoy the fishies. Try to see the Sand Falls... amazing. Mike is very flexible in working with your schedule and I think still provide transport. They are competitively priced considering all of the personal attention you get. You can check out their great comments on Tripadvisor....

Nautilus Dive Tech Reviews - Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos Attractions - TripAdvisor

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom