Trip report: Baja dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chs8084

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Just finished several days of diving with Baja dive. Dee was terrific with communication and picked us up and dropped us off daily. Carlos, the dive aster was terrific in guiding our dives, spotting critters, taking us where we wanted to go, and taking care of our equipment. We saw a range of butterfly fish, King angels, morays and garden eels, scorpion fish, puffers of various sorts, bump head parrot fish as well as a white tip reef shark. And at least one sea lion came for a swim with us a the point. The current was pretty challenging there. We also did a night dive that was great. The blooming coral was a nice surprise (for us, not for Carlos). More puffers and a sleeping turtle. I would definitely dive again with Baja dive.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I dove with Baja Dive the week after New Years. As always, I had a great time custom tailored to my experience level. This is my 6th time diving in the Cabos area, the last 4 all with Baja Dive. Carlos has definitely stepped it up a notch in terms of service and taking care of the gear. What I love about diving in Cabos San Lucas is the different levels of diving available all within a small area and all within a short boat ride. One can dive the same site at many different depths and have an entirely different experience. Unlike most dive locations, Cabos San Lucas offers shallow diving right next to extreme depths because of the trench dropping into the Sea of Cortez. Cabo Pulmo, Gordo Banks, and La Paz are not too far away either.

At some point, I hope to get there at a time of year when I could dive Cabo pulmo or gordo banks. Carlos also took us up to la Paz to snorkel with the whale sharks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom