level of diving in cabo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lynnemari

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
We are planning a dive trip end of march. We have dove a lot in the past, but have not dove in the past year. We have dove Saba very deep dives, and some out of control currents in Cozumel. We have time in march to go diving, we would like to dive cabo, but herd it can be difficult. Is march a good time of the year to go? Is the water temp cold at that time, is there a better time to dive this area? thanks on any infor for this area:)
Lynne

I dove in Cabo in October of 2010. As far as water temp in March I wouldn't know; in October it was solidly in the mid to high 80's at the surface and 70's at depth IIRC. The diving can be easy going if you want it to be; we did some dives in protected inlets in 20-60 ft of warm water. We did a deeper dive in a canyon that runs right into the harbor and was many hundreds of feet to the bottom. We saw a humpback whale within 50 ft of leaving the slip on that dive. We also dove at land's end on a surgy day and that dive was...more challenging. I know there is a pinnacle within a couple hours of the harbor that should be a more advanced dive - I wasn't able to make time for that trip because this wasn't a "dive" vacation per se. All in all for a non-diving based trip the diving there was still enough to keep me happy and a nice change from the colder water where I live.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Diving in Cabo in March is very different to Cozumel or Saba but not in a bad way just different. The water temps are likely to be in the mid 60s and visibility should be around 20-40ft. We have lots of big life here through that time as well as lots of Seahorses, Nudibranchs and Frogfish. Feel free to look back through my dive reports http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/mexico/384604-dive-reports-nautilus-los-cabos-16.html to get am idea of what the conditions are like throughout the year. If your coming to Cabo you should definitely try diving here. Do bear in mind the area is not coral reef like the areas you mentioned but is full of spectacular rock formations and there is still plenty of coral around. Any questions please feel free to ask!!

Happy Diving :)

In march the watter is going to be cold... I dont know what is cold for you? But for a mexican cold is to use a 7 mm .... Or semidry.... If you go to cabo u have to visit cabo pulmo that is a national park like 1.30 by car from cabo san lucas... Its a paradaise... U can check some videos her orcas.com.mx it is my page.. I am not a dive shop or something like that i just dive and share...

When i was in Cabo in march, the water temp was 68-70. We just dove with baja dive and would recommend them. The Cabo shops don't go up to Cabo pulmo that time of year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom