Cabo must do dives.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

eddieb794

New
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hello,
Going to be in Cabo in March 2012. Spending 12 days. Want t do 3-4 days of diving. My question is? What are the must do dives for a advanved diver?
Thanks Eddie.

Take the trip to Cabo Pulmo - it's worth it. I also had a good experience at Gordo Banks but it can be hit-or-miss. See my report here. Dives in Cabo are either at Land's End (a very small area with about ten sites close together) or in the "corridor" between Cabo san Lucas and San Lose del Cabo. I enjoyed one particular corridor site at Santa Maria Bay that had a lot of life. All the dives at Land's End are good - you can see everything or nothing based on chance. You will be surprised occasionally. If you are advanced though, you might be frustrated with the quantity of newbies on the boats. I'd opt for the Cabo Pulmo excursion if I were you and then do a few local Land's End trips. Go with Sunshine Dive charters if you get a chance. Say hi to Lars.

As above.. but Cabo Pulmo can be difficult at that time of year due to the winds... The local Canyon sites are mainly wall dives with lots of fantastic rock formations and the Sand Falls. The Point at Lands End has a small Sealion Colony and a little ship wreck that make for a fun dive and that one is not along the wall it has a fairly flat bottom but the currents/surge can be quite strong. The Corridor includes the sites between Cabo San Lucas and San Jose Del Cabo and those sites provide quite a contrast to the Canyon. The Corridor is mainly underwater boulders and many of the sites remind me of a Garden due to all the colorful Seafans etc.. Its a good place to see Turtles and Whales(atleast from the boat). Gordo Banks as stated is hit and miss particularly at that time of year due to the winds and many of the shops will have stopped running those trips then.
La Paz is can provide another great day of diving with a much larger and more playful Sealions colony at Los Islotes and Isla Espiritu Santo it may also be possible to still stop and swim with the WhaleSharks at that time. It is a fairly full day trip though.
Whatever you do I hope you have a great time in Los Cabos!!
Happy Diving :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom