Is there really a Sandals in Cancun?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

totallyreel

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I was supposed to be staying at the Park Royal in Cozumel but when I called to confirm today they said it was no longer one of their resorts (IMS Vacations) and they could only put us at Sandals in Cancun. I cannot find a Sandals in Cancun so I think I may be victim of a scam.

I miss Coz so much and I can't afford to make other arrangements.

After researching IMS Vacations online most complaints state that it is a bait and switch type deal. I am making back up plans even though I cannot afford it and I will contact the credit card company to see what I can do even though I made the deposit in July 2011.

Sorry to hear about your problem. I hope you get to stay at the Park Royal on Coz. Great hotel. I hope it hasn't changes ownership or management.

I just checked Orbitz and they still have it listed under the the Park Royal name.

Good Luck!

PH

Just checked some recent posts on Tripadvisor for PR in Coz. Doesn't sound like there was a ownership switch. It sounds like something funny is going on with who you booked it through.

Again good luck. Frustrating!

PH

Oh man.. I just checked out IMS vacations on the Orlando FL (where they are based) BBB and they give them an F rating. I think you're gonna have to call your credit card company ASAP to dispute the charges because those people seem to be all bad news..

Being switched from Cozumel to Cancun is not even close to fair. A google search of IMS vacations shows a lot of complaints. Good luck with your credit card and consider your state authorities too.

Being switched from Cozumel to Cancun is not even close to fair. A google search of IMS vacations shows a lot of complaints. Good luck with your credit card and consider your state authorities too.

You are completely correct Cancun is nothing even close to what we wanted and I explained that to the credit card company and IMS vacations. The credit card company conferenced in IMS vacations so we have them recorded as saying they would refund my money if they could not produce a confirmation within 24 hours.

Well, it has been over 24 hours so I will be looking for my refund and looking for my own lodging in Coz. Looking into Hotel Barracuda and a couple other places - dont want AI as the food is so good and reasonably priced in town. Will make my reservations this weekend. All this stress has made me physically sick. Just hope I can get some rest and get over this by next Friday when I hop on the plane.
I will NEVER EVER make this mistake again!

Still cheesy: Hold your money from the time of booking & pre-payment, try to negotiate a deal with Park Royal, then when that fails, return money without interest, leaving you to shop for last minute hotels. Kayak.com shows Blue Angel as cheaper than Barracuda, and the BA is nice - or Villa Blanca for half as much, and many others.

Have a nice trip...!! :pilot:

Still cheesy: Hold your money from the time of booking & pre-payment, try to negotiate a deal with Park Royal, then when that fails, return money without interest, leaving you to shop for last minute hotels. Kayak.com shows Blue Angel as cheaper than Barracuda, and the BA is nice - or Villa Blanca for half as much, and many others.

Have a nice trip...!! :pilot:

Well, here it is - less than 24 hours before I get on the plane and I still do not have a lodging confirmation. I have booked my dives with Blue XT Sea, Christi was great as usual helping me out with that and she has been trying to get in touch with Blue Angel to reserve a room for me but apparently their reservation clerk Jeannie decided to retire without notice leaving Blue Angel in a bind.
It looks like my budget is going way out of control and I may arrive in Cozumel with no place to stay in which case we will just go door to door at the hotels until we find one we can afford.
I have never in my entire life been so stressed out about a vacation. It is almost like fate is telling me not to go.
On the bright side, the IMS Vacation scam was resolved and I received my money back yesterday. Gotta hand it to Chase Bank Visa for helping me with that issue.

Back
Top Bottom