La Paz diving-While on work trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Prop Joe

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
In the planning stages now but...
Tenative plans are Feb 25 thru March 1. Not sure where to stay. Travelling with Non-diving wife and Non-diving, spanish speaking, sales co-worker. Probably set up hotel with the airline I'll be working with? Not sure yet. Never dove in Baja area. None of us have ever been in the area. Besides Sunday I should be able to dive late afternoon and or evening after training airline techs. I would like to take my wife and co-worker to see Whale sharks if they are in the area. Wife would like to see some wild life while I'm off working. I'm going to need to rent a wet suit as I normally dive 1mm in Cozumel (6'3" 205lbs). Any and all help/advise appreciated.
Thank You!
Joe

The Whale Sharks should still be there at that time but it is best to do that as a morning trip if you can. The winds pick up in the afternoon there and it can be very difficult to find them in those conditions. I would look at About - Marlin Adventures Water Sports, The most personalized operator in La Paz for the Whale Sharks and Scuba Diving - La Paz Baja - Cortez Club for diving. Between them you should be able to get everything you need!!!

You can also look back through my reports here http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/mexico/384604-dive-reports-nautilus-los-cabos-16.html to find some video and trip reports from La Paz

Hope that helps and that you enjoy your trip!!!

I was recently there. Great diving. Whale sharks, a couple of hammerheads, and, above all, sea lions.

However, I would avoid Club Cantamar. Broken down boats, contaminated air, engines on fire. Someone else's mileage may vary, but I would not go back to that place.

Okay...
My wife has bowed out of this trip so it will be me and a non-diving work companion needing separate rooms. Recommendations for hotel + close to water = possible diving after working on the days I have to work.

Thanks!!!

We are staying at Grand Plaza, La Paz. I'll be diving for sure on Sunday the 26th (weather permitting). Cortez Club seems to be best/safe for diving. Any idea how far it is from Grand Plaza to Cortez Club? Does Cortez Club pick up at the Grand Plaza? It would be nice not to taxi around in the morning. Maybe an afternoon dive will be possible on another day.

Edit: I already heard back from James at Cortez Club. I'm set on Sunday, three tank, Nitrox trip. Yah!!!
04.gif
He got back to me less than 5 minutes after I inquired about diving.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom